RC Racer

nue motor esc options?

hello i just ordered a nue 1110 motor and i am planning on running 2s parallel and 3s parallel. what im wondering is what esc i can use. i know everyone tends to use the mamba max pro. but i dont like how big it is and that it is really over kill since i wont need 6s capable esc. so do you think the sv3 would work or any other 2-3s capable esc options?

-thanks

The voltage is not the most important. It's more that for motors like the Neu 1110 you need enough current to feed it. The MMP can handle quite some amps. When you look at amps per size of the ESC, the MMP is a good choice. The Sidewinder is hardly smaller, but can't handle too much current.
    Nobody is born with experience.

RC Qualifier
    sv2 or sv3 is good enough, don't worry.... MMP is just for up to 6S

RC Racer
    amp ratings for castle creations esc has always been debated since CC does not give the specific ratings for their products. some people say its 100A rated, some say 80A, we don't know the real figures. although i can give some examples of people using sidewinder esc with neu motors

link 1

link 2
    specifically read post 10 and 11

link 3

maybe you also can have success with the sidewinder, if i were you, i would go on the safe side with a mamba max pro rather than the sidewinder v3, for $20 extra its much more bang for your buck. i also use the mmp and am just waiting for the arrival of my 1110/1y.

my 2.

The only place where I saw amp specs of Castle ESCs, was in some magazine. The Sv2 was rated 55A and the MMP 75A.
    I have logs where the MMP does well over 100A. That was without any issue.

RC Racer
    thanks for all the info. seeing that the sidewinder can work i will consider it. i already have a mamba max pro i just dont know if this is the setup i want it for though... does anyone know about the tekin rs pro? cause i like the size of it and i feel if it can handle 1/10 it should handle 1/16.?!

RC Racer
    would any lower end esc possibly handle the neu motor???

RC Turnbuckle Jr. Jimmie Neutron's Avatar
    Probably any 120 amp...
    Whatever it is I just said... I could be wrong.

RC Racer
    thats the kind of amps being drawn?

RC Racer
    I dont think thats right. The 1110/1Y specs says 50a max amp draw at 15sec bursts.

MM2 (Mamba Monster 2) is a 120 amp ESC. Since it is a step up from the MMP (Mamba Max Pro) you should be more than on with a 120 amp ESC. Having headroom in this area is not going to hurt anything. 50togo could probably give you real world amp draw... he has the equipment as well as the motors.

MM2 Specs:
    http://www.castlecreations.com/produ..._monster2.html
    "Max continuous amperage 120A (full throttle continuous operation with cooling airflow)"

Don't mix up ESC specs and the Neu motor needs.
    A MMP can handle more than the Neu will ever need in a Merv.
    The Sidewinder is strong enough too.
    50A on a set of fresh charged strong enough 3S batteries is around 600W. Try to make a Merv consume 600W longer than half a second. That will only happen with some idiot gearing, too large wheels in tall grass.

RC Racer
    jimmie you are addressing the 1/8 esc. the mamba max pro is 1/10. i think thats where your a little mixed up. thanks seeing as 50togo has much experience and has used the sidewinder i think i will message him and find his opinions. thanks for the help guys

If you read my post a little more carefully, you might realize that I know that the MMP and the MM2 are two different ESC's.

RC Racer
    yes but that link is for the 1/8 scale mamba monster that is 120amps. just look. the castle site doesnt post the amp rating for the mamba max pro.

I guess you just are not picking up what I'm laying down.

RC Racer
    i understand that your saying i should look into a 120 amp esc or somewhere near. but that size is really overkill. if you could give me the mmp amp rating that would be a better ball park. because im only looking for the neu 1100 series motors

Look your specific choice up in the list on the Castle site and see how much power it delivers. Devide that by the voltage you are going to use and the result is the amount of amps you want your ESC to be able to deliver.

You will probably end up with the Sidewinder being strong enough. The MMP can handle more, so it will probably be smoother.
    The Sidewinder V3 is full waterproof and the MMP isn't.

RC Qualifier
    I will write this again, slowly in case that you can`t read that fast :

sv2 or sv3 is good enough

I have sv2 with NEU 1110 and have no problems with it, but if you want overkill with size, amps and money then go for MMP

RC Competitor
    Most ESC makers give over-rated specs. Castle Creations wouldn't lie about their specs to compete with these numbers so they choose not to give them as most unknowledgable people would consider their products inferior. We know this isn't true by the number of people who use their ESC's and have no problems.

With that said I was able to find this when I was looking for an ESC. This info may be a little dated so the numbers probably will be different compared to newer ESC versions. http://www.castlespecialprojects.com...ntrollers.html