RC poster

EVX2 Vs the EVX2 Marine esc?

I was just wondering if there was any difference between the evx2 marine esc and the evx2 regular esc?
    If I were buying them new I guess I would just go with the marine but I seen a used non-marine evx2 used pretty cheap. Im looking to get my old villain in the water again and need a new esc. Just wondering if it will work,I cant see any difference in them apart from the name and the marine comes with the cooling thing on top,but im guessing that could just be put on the regular evx2?

Im pretty sure the cooling thing is what fried my esc anyway,it got hot and melted the cooling jacket thing on top of the esc and then that water was just running inside my esc And besides is there a reason why they make a off road truck "evx2" water proof and a Boat ESC Not water proof

RC Champion
    The EVX2 Marine has water cooling to it an the land version does not and you can't add the water cooling to it . I tried an it don't work , That is the only difference between them . If you hv the Titian 550 motor you should be find using the land version EVX2 . I did .
    1 Rusty VXL

RC Racer
    I've been running a non-marine EVX-2 in my Villain for over a year now with no issues whatsoever. I use 8.4v packs in parallel and it gets warm but never too hot to touch. And that is without watercooling.

What motors are you running? If you have the stock 550's and are planning on putting 16.8v through the ESC, it might be a good idea to drill a few small holes it the cover for airflow just to be on the safe side. I was going to try making a few behind the windshield this year, although that would benefit batteries more than the ESC.
    E-MAXX 3905 + Villain IV + Rustler VXL

Quote Originally Posted by rhardy60 View Post
    That is the only difference between them .
    In addition to the water cooling difference, the newer EVX2 has built-in low voltage detection (the marine version doesn't), the marine version has a remote power button that can be utilized with the Villain's lid installed, and the marine version has a marine profile (100% forward, no brake, 25% reverse) to prevent swamping the boat by reversing too quickly.
    "Happiness depends upon ourselves." -Aristotle

RC poster
    Im not sure what happened last year was blasting around the lake and it just stopped. Took off the lid and seen the water cooling thing had melted a hole in the in it and just brought that water directly into my esc killing it.
    The boat is a villain ex and running the stock motors,unless the newer versions of the water cooling is aluminum im kinda afraid to put on another one. The one I had was just all plastic and slid over the heat sinks. The new ones just like that?

I'm sure that it will be the same setup, but that sort of failure is strange. Did you ever contact Traxxas about it? Even if it's out of warranty, they do have an electronics replacement program.
    "Happiness depends upon ourselves." -Aristotle