RC Racer

Transmitter cutting in and out

Hey guys I just recently bought a slayer with a bad engine and replaced the engine but now the receiver is cutting in and out!! Any one have any ideas on what it could be? I already replaced the battery's and I also replaced the transmitter and receiver with a spectrum but it still does the same thing!?!

RC poster
    Sounds like there might be a problem inside the transmitter. I would try to find someone with a compatible transmitter or a hobby shop that could test and see if its your transmitter causing it to cut out. You could then take it apart and see if you can find the problem or buy a new one.

RC Competitor
    It seems strange that it is still cutting in and out after swapping Tx and Rx. Did you use the same servos? There could be a problem with one of them, I have seen that happen befor with airplanes.

RC Competitor
    You can try syncronize transmitter and receiver this procedure describe in user manual. The transmitter and receiver have smol buttons press this buttons one time. see http://traxxas.com/sites/default/fil...ual-120130.pdf
    Last edited by Alexsy; 05-02-2013 at 06:16 AM.

RC Competitor
    Sounds like a short to me I would check yellow ground wirer that's connected to the motor.

RC Competitor
    Yellow wire for glow of engine, but red914slash write about receiver. red914slash You can remove radio box cover and switch on receiver. on receiver must light LED light. use table from user manual for diagnostic problem. If LED is not light you have problem with wire, switch or battery. Maybe i am mistaken. . I have tester for solution problem like this
    Last edited by Alexsy; 05-02-2013 at 07:05 AM.

RC Racer
    The led light comes on green when I put the transmitter next to the receiver literally about an inch apart, but as I pull the transmitter away at about a foot, the led on the receiver turns red and then green and then back to red as if it has a range issue?

I would go over your connections, a short could do this, also I've seen even a power switch cause a similar issue, so connect the battery directly to the receiver and bypass the power switch as part of your test....
    The try testing with just your throttle/brake servo connected
    Test with just the Steering servo connected..
    Any chance you know someone with the same type of radio, then you could see if your Xmitter is having problems...

It's just a matter of not finding what is bad, but figuring out what is good... Repair by deduction.... Easiest way..

Also go over your Xmitter batteries and connections as well.
    Robin Williams
    He will be greatly missed...

RC Competitor
    I am agree with Nitronaught you can try change receiver. and I am try new battery, pull out connectors from receiver both servo and see behavior LED on receiver. You can check up you schema with user manual page 9
    Last edited by Alexsy; 05-02-2013 at 11:21 PM.