RC Qualifier

Decent Hex Drivers

Hi Chaps,

What are the best drivers to use? I need to invest in some, especially 2mm.

Are RPM any good? e.g. RPM (#80640)

Cheers...

RC Qualifier
    A bit more detail:

- what is the best material for them to be most durable?

are the HPI pro set any good?

http://www.jemodels.com/electric-mod...FUXJtAodWQ4AAQ

My mate has the ones you are looking at for over a year and they are awesome for the money and show no wear and tear at all so they must be sweet......peace
    Famous last words...watch this!!!!

RC Champion
    I have this to carry around if I need a set.
    http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...artup-Tool-Set
    Traxxas version:
    http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...artup-Tool-Set

They work good. No problems. I use my t-handles when i'm not on the go.
    Rustler VXL | Slash | Stampede 4x4

Have not heard any feedback on the RPM hex drivers, but my Hudy set has stood the test of time.

If you do a search, you will find tons more info on this topic.

-Brett
    4wd Sportmaxx 3.3
    E-Revo - Mamba Monster - Neu 4s

RC Champion
    Proline makes some very decent ones. Have lasted 4 years with much use.
    Matthew 7:7

Lots of options for good hex drivers, but the absolute best I've ever used are Thorpe/MIP drivers. They're a little pricey, so I just buy the ones I really need and have a full set of Integy drivers for general use. Any drivers that are known to see a lot of use or torque, I buy MIP.

RC Qualifier
    my friend started playing with my aluminum handle dynamite 0.050 hex wrench one time and just started stabbing my table furiously, I was totally ready to call him out for breaking an $8 hex driver but it was just fine. The integys are nice but the steel will break if you are abusive, I used my integy driver as a lever to tighten my slipper clutch and broke the tip.
    I like turtles.

RC Turnbuckle Jr. pavmentsurfer's Avatar
    ^^ I have a feeling any hex driver would break of you use it as a lever.

You should give your buddy 2 things. First, a bit of a "hello, how are ya?" Right up side the head for abusing your tools like that. Then get him some Ritalin cause it sounds like he has some issues. My friends are ultra impressed with my collection of tools. They don't even want to touch them becaus they look so fancy.
    Pede, Summit,
    ERBE, Rally,
    Motley Crew, 1SQ

One aspect of an increasing R/C addiction is the increasing need for quality tools.
    My buddy knows he is risking his fingers when he uses my tools the wrong way.

After replacing the worn cheapo wrenches with Hudy, I am a happy camper. I still prefer driving over working on my cars, but if there is work to be done after all, better do that with quality tools.
    Nobody is born with experience

The dynamite sets are ok, but after a while the tips start to round off. I recently bought an RD Logics 2mm driver and so far have been very impressed with its fit and quality. I would prefer a hudy, but the rd was at the lhs. Spend money on the driver sizes that will get used the most, with traxxas that is the 2mm and 2.5 mm. Personally I don't see buying a whole set of them, unless you have other uses for them as well as your trucks. I plan on getting a few more but when I need them, the 2mm to me was the size I kept having issues with. For now I am cautiously optimistic about the rd logics driver.

Sent from my Torch!
    Donít handicap children by making life easy

RC Champion
    I personally own a set of RD Logics and the HobbyTown I work for has a set of the Dynamite wrenches for some time now and both have been very reliable. I have yet to hurt the RD Logics even though I've used them in my cordless drill and the only problem we've had with the Dynamite wrenches was when somebody decided to use the 1.5mm hex as a prybar.................
    Aw, Biscuits!

One of the VERY FEW Integy products I would EVER use... Their hex drivers I've had since 2005, busted 1 shaft from forcing it too much and replaced the shaft...

Being in the racing game and having 4 RC's they get used A LOT... Plus I love the fact they don't roll off the pit table like my Hudy set likes to (Hudy is great but expensive).... http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXKTP2

Robin Williams
    He will be greatly missed...

RC Enthusiast
    Snap-On makes a good set, but then again, it's all I ever used. So far I have yet to even scratch them, even with a good bit of use. If they start to round, the Snap-On truck comes on thursday, and they are guaranteed for life.

PM me if ya wanna bash at Greenwood Bashplex in Pittsburgh PA
    http://www.arrowmax-rc.com/index.php...roducts_id=337

^^^ these are my next tool purchase
    Wanna bash at Greenwood Bashplex in Pittsburgh ???

Quote Originally Posted by audioinstaller View Post
    Snap-On makes a good set, but then again, it's all I ever used. So far I have yet to even scratch them, even with a good bit of use. If they start to round, the Snap-On truck comes on thursday, and they are guaranteed for life.
    A buddy of mine just bought a set of Snap-On hex drivers. Comes with pretty much every size you'll ever need for R/C, standard and metric. They seem to work nicely and are holding up well. Only thing I don't like about them is the small, uncomfortable handles. It's like they were intended for an 4-year-old's hands or something. Hurts my hands when I try using them and it's hard to really get any torque through them.