Thread: Engine Question

RC poster

Engine Question

Hello all, New to the forum and new to RC cars
    I was helping a buddy move and he found an old Nitro rustler pro .15 thats been sitting in his garage for a few years. Seemed like the engine may have been seized with some other small issues on top. He was going to toss it so out of curiosity I figured I would see what I can see.

I stripped the car to bolts and cleaned EVERYTHING. I soaked some of the engine parts in some heavy duty cleaner for an hour or so, and cleaned the rest by hand. Once I put it all back together it turned over nicely and seemed to have some pretty decent compression, everything certainly looks good.

Got it to start!, at first it was dumping fuel pretty impressively.

I upgraded the fuel tank to the newer version and ran a longer looped pressure line, seems to have helped it out.

** the idle is unstable because I don't have the carb connected to a servo and the weight of the throttle rod is enough to move it around while its running **

Im still very newb to the smaller engines, mine is the first I've actually heard run, so I'm taking it slow.

My question is... hows it sound? It seems to be running pretty strong, it starts almost instantly and will run until its out of fuel. I have not revved it up much yet I am treating it like a new engine until I get all the parts back to working.
    Last edited by obidya; 04-27-2013 at 10:10 AM.

RC Champion
    Sounds great. Idle was a bit high in the first vids but it seemed lower in the last one. Are you going to get a radio for it and run it?

It looks great all nice and clean by the way.

And welcome to the forums!
    Land of the free?

RC poster
    yeah the radio is still in my buddies garage somewhere to be unpacked, hopefully soon.
    I have all the servos and electrical, I just pulled them off to clean and re-grease any gears. As far as I know everything is in working order and it just needs to be put back into place and adjusted.

Im looking forward to seeing what it can do and hopefully doing some racing.

RC Racer
    plese updtae

RC Champion
    Yes please. Im really impressed with this vehicle.
    Land of the free?