RC Enthusiast

Forward/Reverse servo????

Has anyone's forward/reverse servo gone bad? I bought my truck last Monday and was running it today...when I went to put it in reverse nothing happened. I noticed that when I was shifting from forward to reverse or vice versa the servo was not moving. I can manually pull the shaft in and out and reverse still works, but the servo will just not move. I'm sure the servo is bad. I was just wondering if any of you guys have had this problem with a new truck

RC Champion
    open up your reciever cover, and make sure it's plugged in all the way..

If that dont work try switching one of the servo wires at the reciever and see if the switched servo works..

Possibilites:
    • Unplugged servo
    • Bad servo/servo wire
    • Bad trandmitter
    • Bad reciever

But one full year the only servo I have gone through is the steering servo.. Do your self a favor,, when your steering servo breaks, buy a good one..
    Visit WisconsinNitro's Tech tips page.
    Your official & best source for WaterProofing (Plasti-Dipping) your TMaxx.
    http://wisconsinnitro.com

RC Enthusiast
    Checking to see if it was plugged into the receiver good was the first thing I did. I will switch two of the servo wire and see what that does..thanks.

RC Champion
    yeah if you like swap your gear servo with your throttle servo..

When you run the gear switch, if the throttle servo works then test the try the throttle switch.. if the servo doesn't work, time to get a new servo..

Since it was only a month I would call Traxxas and see about the warenty.

That is so funny that this is posted cause i just fried mine today. I actully got water in it. so i took it apart and it is drying now. ill put it back together tommarow. I had a boat with 13 year old futabo servos and it sunk when i pulled it up the radio system still worked fine!

Barry

RC Enthusiast
    Well, I swapped the servo with the throttle servo and the throttle worked with the shifting button but when I used the throttle the servo did not work...which identifies the problem as a bad shifting servo. Thanks for all of your suggestions. I will cal Traxxas tomorrow. Hopefully they will replace it since I just bought it Monday.

RC Enthusiast
    Well after a closer look at the servo...I found that one of the wires had been pinched..I don't guess there is anyway to get Traxxas to replace this is there? If not I guess I will try and splice them back together.

RC Champion
    Give them a call. they may replace it for you.

A buddy of mine cracked the gears in the Steering servo the 1st day. He called Traxxas and a few days later they sent him the replacement gears.. Two sets.. What had happened was after he cracked teh steering, He took the gears out of the Forward/reverse servo.. Then cracked them. He explained what had happened and what he done and they sent him two sets..

Theres customer service if you ask me.. he told me there responce to him was.. "Were sorry, Whats your address we'll send you some new gears for the servos.."

Can't complain with that.

RC Enthusiast
    That sounds good..I will give them a call.

RC Qualifier
    they just sent a crank, piston and sleeve to a buddy of mine for a year old T-Maxx, no questions asked. I have a feeling that if and when somthing goes drasticly wrong with mine, I'll be giving them a call. From what I have heard, and read you cant beat the support they give.

RC poster
    I have gone through 3 reverse servos in the last 2 weeks -.- I think its my Optidrive ESM because i replaced the receiver and transmitter. Anyone ever herd of this before? I have a 2.5 Revo

EDIT: they were waterproof servos to. $36 each.
    Last edited by Phearce; 04-27-2013 at 12:31 PM. Reason: Add info