Hybrid View

RC poster

Traxxas Revo 3.3 Keeps spitting Fuel?

Hey my mother recently bought me a used traxxas revo 3.3 from her co-worker for my birthday and its had some issues.

the pin in the Tranny broke but we replaced that

this morning I was running it around for a good 2 tanks.

then it stopped moving...again. the 36 tooth gear was stripped, no problem replaced it. I put in the easy start to try at it again and pushed the button and it spit ALOT of the fuel. I tried unflooding the engine but that didn't work. and when it did finnaly turn on when I hit the gas it turns off.

Sorry for the poor spelling im in a hurry. I'm also new to traxxas so PLEASE try to explain it to me.

RC Qualifier
    Sound like your running to rich. Try to loosen your glow plug and start it. See if it does the same thing. I forget the turns out on both ls and hs needles but hopefully a Nitro guy will chime in. This is one reason I went to all lipo lol. Plug and go
    E-REVO MMM - Stampede 4x4 6s/3s

RC Qualifier
    TRX 2.5 / 2.5R / 3.3 Engine:
    If your factory preset carburetor adjustments have been tampered with, use the following settings:
    1) Set the high-speed needle to 4 turns out from closed.
    2) Set the low-speed needle so the screw head (red in Fig. A) is flush (even) with the end of the slide (yellow in Fig. A).

Always use the factory settings for initial starting. Only use these settings when the factory settings have been lost.
    E-REVO MMM - Stampede 4x4 6s/3s

Quote Originally Posted by firemanJBI View Post
    TRX 2.5 / 2.5R / 3.3 Engine:
    If your factory preset carburetor adjustments have been tampered with, use the following settings:
    1) Set the high-speed needle to 4 turns out from closed.
    2) Set the low-speed needle so the screw head (red in Fig. A) is flush (even) with the end of the slide (yellow in Fig. A).

Always use the factory settings for initial starting. Only use these settings when the factory settings have been lost.
    This is only to get you started or for breaking in the engine, from there you MUST fully tune your engine, it will not perform if you don't.

Here's something to help you with the tuning part. http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread...ul-Tuning-tips.
    Robin Williams
    He will be greatly missed...

RC poster
    Alright I will try that, thanks!

RC poster
    Ok so I Did what you asked me too, no more fuel was spitting everywhere but the tranny gear was NOT meshed with the one connected to the engine and tore my second gear to shreds so I tightened the Tranny and then it made contact but it kept kicking forward. is this a problem? (aside from the new gear) or is there something im not getting right. ( my dad is a mechanic but says that he isn't going to help me anymore. with this one.)

RC Qualifier
    you need to lower the idle, maybe check your clutch spring and make sure is not broke... check youtube there is a video from the traxxas dvd showing how to tune and set up the engine.. ensure your slipper is not over tightened and you should be ok.. if the engine runs and doenst cut out when hot then thats a good motor its just a case of getting the right tune.. the juddering forward is more than liekly your idle is to high so just try to reduce it a little..

RC poster
    Alright thanks.