RC poster

integy cooling fan?

im thinking about geting the intergy heat sink /cooling fan, is that a good option or do yall have a better recommendation

RC Qualifier
    Most of the guys in here recommend to stay away from Integy products. I got a set of shocks and wheels for my slash at Christmas time. I posted about them, and guys had nothin but bad things to say about there products, so I returned them. Are you running the stock VXL ?
    E-REVO MMM - Stampede 4x4 6s/3s

RC Racer
    i have intigy duel fans working fine for me for 8 mounths now still going strong

RC Qualifier
    I have the integy dual fans as well! No problems so far since I got it more than 2 months ago.

Here are some pics of it:

I want an avatar... 3000 posts here we go!

RC Racer
    Just brought the dual integy fan setuup at my lhs.....Ijust did a quick 10 minute bash session and saw about a 5 to 7 degree lower temperature difference. I hope it helps to keep the motor running cooler.

RC poster
    yes stock vxl 17t pinion on 3s lipo and it got to 160f on grass and gravel then shut it down. what temp will have deleterious effects on the motor and esc? and will shooting the heat sink with a temp gun give an accurate reading

Its better to get a reading off the motor temps wise and gear down man because it will wreck the motor and lose power and torque over time .....peace
    Famous last words...watch this!!!!

RC poster
    ya im just trying to hit the 60+ milestone then it will be back to lower gears and high jumps, thanks for the info

Reading the sink will not give you the actual temp of the motor... you should be reading about where the bearing is on the back of the motor.
    Whatever it is I just typed... could be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by honky View Post
    ya im just trying to hit the 60+ milestone then it will be back to lower gears and high jumps, thanks for the info
    Go for it dude but check temps every 5 mins and then let it cool down for 5-10 mins and you should be all good....peace
    Famous last words...watch this!!!!

RC Qualifier
    I use several Integy products with no issues at all. However, I race dirt oval so no jumping, bashing, etc.

RC poster
    what is the part# for the duel fan setup, i only see a single fan for the p4de, or can i use the slash part#

RC Competitor
    I've been using the Integy fan/heat sink on my motor for the past year, and it's been working beautifully. I do a lot of jumping, rough terrain bashing, etc., and the fan just keeps on spinning. I'd recommend it. Maybe Integy has issue with other products, but their fan has had good reports from what I've seen here.