RC Champion

Bearing upgrade question

Every time I tare down my truck I find another ceased or damaged bearing, despite my frequent WD-40 regime after any wet running. I have noticed that thus far, however, the outer bearings in my ST Racing knuckles have been unaffected. I am assuming these are stainless steel bearings?

I have looked into aftermarket Boca and Acer bearings, and have came up with a few questions.

What maintenance do ceramic bearings require?
    How do they hold up to water running?
    What are you guys running and what do you recommend?
    What are the warranty policies of the above companies?

Im looking for more durable, lower maintenance bearings. Cost is not a big issue if theres good value. Any input is welcome.
    Doublethink: 2+2=4 while 2+2=0

RC Qualifier
    I use Avid bearings *not sure if you meant Avid or Acer above* but they are stainless steel and they don't allow dust in. I either take them out and clean them and if 1 is stuck, then I can replace them as they are $1 each. I have 8 in my car and about 5 extra and that's pretty cheap, Boca Bearings are expensive but a really good option.
    Brushless Rips, Nitro Drips!!! BL Power FTW!

RC Champion
    Thanks a bunch. I knew i was missing a big name, and couldnt remember who it was. im looking at getting some more expensive ceramic bearings for the tranny cause those dont get as much weathering, and then keep with the cheap ones in the axle carriers. Not sure what to do with the diffs. i need to rebuild mine, so what do you guys think i should do. Im looking for low maintnence cause as much as i like building my truck, im gettin tired of it sitting on my bench needing parts when i have other projects i want to progress on.

I'd get some Avids. I really, REALLY like mine. I haven't had any issues after 3 months of wet, dusty use!
    Sl2sh Slayer Summit Sl4sh Teton/Rally T-Maxx Pnde

RC Champion
    I have run into the same issue on my summit. I do mostly crawling and routinely clean and grease them. Had a total of 10 fail in the last month. I think the ones I have been replacing them with is avid? Can't remember. If these fail I'm just going to order a complete ceramic set. So far the ones I have been replacing have been holding up well and they seem better built

RC Qualifier
    Without hesitation, for parts most exposed to dust or water, rubber sealed bearings or Polyamide sealed bearings. The most resistant are 2rs - double rubber sealed. SKF, VBX, BOCA, ACER..

RC Champion
    Thanks a ton,

Ok, whats the maintenance like on ceramic bearings? Acer talks about oiling and cleaning them but doesnt say how often, or is that just for the regular non sealed bearings?