RC Competitor

questions about charging TRAXXAS 3000 nimh

I need help, I'm recently back into r/c and my how things have changed . I was hoping for help with setting up my peak charger with my stock NiMH battery. My charger adjusts up to 6 amp and I charged at 4 is that OK ? There is also a safety setting to kick off the charger up to 5000 mah I think. Should I set that at 3000 because that's what my battery's are rated at or will the peak charger shut it off without this setting. Any suggestions would be appreciated and could someone clue me in on discharging as well again THANK YOU !

RC Turnbuckle Jr. Jimmie Neutron's Avatar
    4 amps is a bit too high. 3 amps is the suggested charge rate.

I personally turn off my mAh cap. I let the delta peak detect full charge for my NiMh when I charge them. Most good batteries will actually take more mAh than what they are rated for so stopping at the rated capacity will terminate the charge early.

All depends on what you are discharging for... the discharge rate will vary from one reason to another.

For future reference:
    mAh / 1000 = charge amps
    Whatever it is I just said... I could be wrong.

RC Competitor
    Thank you ! Its hard to find help sometimes. I appreciate it

RC Enthusiast
    Try Battery University and the Q&A section on the NoBS Batteries site. Always remeber heat is the enemy. A battery 10 above room temp is full. So dont let it get screaming hot. Watching the voltage drop instead of a steady increase means the battery is full.

RC Racer
    I actually charge my batteries at a slightly lower rate because they will last longer, or so it is said