RC Competitor

charging lipos any fast option?

so in another thread I posted about lipos and it turned out i was using all the wrong stuff for charging them and they were puffed etc, etc, etc.....

So I ended up now with an onyc 235 and a 1600mah 2S pack that i am charging now. Is there a fast charge option for charging or do I just stick with the settings it puts in automatically? I read that it has adjustable 1-8A setting, but not sure if thats something I should ever do or not.....

RC Racer
    Charge it at 1.6 amps and you might be able to charge it at 3.2

RC Qualifier
    charging at higher rates can shorten the life, but most puff before that. With a balancer you should be safe charging at 2C as long as the charger works well. 1C was stated before lipos were charged with balancers. I've done it many times with many packs.

RC Qualifier
    2c is, as far as i know, the safest/fastest charge rate 1 know of... and for a 1600mah 2s, it should take about 20-30 minutes to get to full balance charge. By the way, i'm using the same charger as you are, and i am very pleased with it!
    Summit RX8/1550kv-Slash4x4 MM2/2400kv Twin-V Merv.

RC Competitor
    Cool thanks! I'll bump it up to 2A tomorrow. As of now at default which I think was 1.6 it took about 45+ min.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by boilo56 View Post
    2c is, as far as i know, the safest/fastest charge rate 1 know of... and for a 1600mah 2s, it should take about 20-30 minutes to get to full balance charge. By the way, i'm using the same charger as you are, and i am very pleased with it!
    Have you ever had it say bad voltage when trying to charge a lipo?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
    Last edited by cooleocool; 04-26-2013 at 09:16 AM. Reason: merge

What you are asking here is considered Support for aftermarket items. Not only does Traxxas believe that it is the responsibility of the manufacturers of these items to provide that Support, but that the best information regarding these products comes from their manufacturers.
    Alt-248 on the number pad = °