RC Qualifier

I need ideas for going to single battery setup...

Hello everyone!

As i am sharing batts with my trex-550e, its getting frustrating having to split the 6s batts to make them separate for e-revo to go on the sides...and then taping them together to run on the 550. i am wiring them like this:

and i have now 6 batteries. only the 2 i have them split. the charging is also a mess:

I have also an inferno gt converted to brushless and i love it that it has single battery. despite the weight imbalance.

An idea was to convert the revo with 3.3 chassis. what other parts do i need except the chassis and motor mouts? the transmission is the same?

Any other ideas?
    <3 Traxxas~Align~Ducati~Lib-tech~JacksonGtrs <3

RC Champion
    Transmission is different but I read that one can be modded to work on the other chassis, don't remember which one though.
    Last edited by ksb51rl; 04-26-2013 at 07:33 AM.
    ERBE, ERBE, Summit, Slash 4X4, Bandit,

RC Champion
    Why not just make a series adapter instead of taping them together? That way you can just unplug the series adapter and they are ready to go.
    Xerun 150A 2200kv ERBE
    Dewalt 14.4v Summit

RC Qualifier
    in general i like to have them as one 6s. i also need serial adapters for the balance plugs to charge them.... its not a bad idea i will consider it (i have to split all my batts lol)
    <3 Traxxas~Align~Ducati~Lib-tech~JacksonGtrs <3

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by fuzion View Post
    Hello everyone!

An idea was to convert the revo with 3.3 chassis. what other parts do i need except the chassis and motor mouts? the transmission is the same?

Any other ideas?
    The revo chassis is quite different. Different transmission, different motor location and different spacing for the transmission

I will be making an e-slayer from a vantage revo chassis. My plan is to use an e-revo transmission and make a spacer so it fits in the revo chassis. Then I will be mounting all my electronics on the side of the chassis that normally holds the fuel tank. Batteries will be on the motor side of the chassis. Custom battery and ESC trays will be made. Should come out relatively even weight as I run 1400g of batteries.

The easiest way is to get a nitro conversion kit and run with that but they are pricy.

Sent from my Transformer using Tapatalk 2

RC Champion
    Could you plug the 3s's balance taps into the para board without the main leads plugged in and still charge them with your 6s's? Or run a 3s charge cycle at a higher rate when your done charging your 6s's at a higher rate.