RC Enthusiast

Bulletproof body ... maybe a solution... :)

The Bones Crusher Armor...

Hi, this is my "outside rollcage" prototype made with plumbing pipe (PEX).
    I had no test yet but it seem to be very tuff. I like my body and I don't want to scrap it
    in the first run so maybe it will help me !

The cage is glued and screwed... I put 6 locks to remove the cage to have access to my body ... so it's easy to remove. Painted mat black and add carbon fiber decalcs.

Check the pics!

Bolt to the chassis (center/front/rear)

Lock Pins

The Bones Crusher Armor

Thanks for watching!
    If you have some questions please ask

Jo
    Bones Crusher said... Bite The Dust

RC Champion
    Thats a really cool cage idea you built bones. nice work and looks good too, let us know how it works.

RC Enthusiast
    I like it!!! Carbon looks cool too. Only thing we need to know now is how it holds up!! My next tire choice will be the badlands. Which rims are those?
    emaxx nitro 4-tec
    tmaxx tl-01
    slash slash 4x4

RC poster
    How about a parts list and cut to length specs for the tubing or is that a trade secret lol? Also, how did you bend the tubing? I thought it looked a little lame (when white) at first but after the paint and decals it looks very tight. I suspect you will be touching up the black paint from time to time.

RC Enthusiast
    I want to know if it holds up too ! :P I will do some test soon when the temperature is better...

DRifTkiNg303 : those rims are Pro-Line Desperado 3.8" Black 1/2" Offset 17mm with a little paint job

jorwa : this cage is hand made without plan :P I barely never use plan when I create projects... I don't know why
    but all the stuff fit together already The PEX tubing is easy to bend with your hands.

Check google for "BOW Plastics"
    Parts list is what you see... PEX tubing 1/2", 45 elbow, 90 elbow, coupling, T shape coupling, glue, Hex screws, paint,
    and a little bit of imagination :P

I cannot give you length because all body is different... different length.. it will not fit probably

I will let the paint dry for one week and after I will shoot seals protector ... about 3-4 layers... and let dry for a couple of days.

Jo
    Bones Crusher said... Bite The Dust