RC Competitor

E-Revo Brushless NiMH Battery Pack For MERV VXL?

As the title suggest, can I use one of the 8.4v 3000mah NiMH packs I got with my EREVO to power my mini vxl? I know attaching it will be an issue, but would it be safe for the ESC/motor?
    ERBE, XO-1

RC Qualifier
    A long time ago in a galaxy far far away...
    Attaching it would be a serious issue but the electronics would handle it fine.
    I'd gear down to 27/50 as a preventative measure though.
    Drive. Crash. Fix. Repeat.

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by funnya1b2c3 View Post
    Attaching it would be a serious issue but the electronics would handle it fine.
    I'd gear down to 27/50 as a preventative measure though.
    For fitment, I'm thinking of opening the pack up to modify it, basically split the NiMH EREVO battery pack into two packs to be housed in both battery compartments. There look to be 7 smaller CR123 type NiMH batteries within the pack, and as long as the connections remain the same and I resolder the wires the same way just adding more wire length in order to get the pack split with 4 of the batteries in one compartment, and 3 of them in the other, is there any significant risk in doing this? Anyone tried something like this before? If I can do this, the net result would be a much longer runtime, 3000mah vs 1200, and a slight bump on voltage giving me a bit of a performance boost, all at no additional cost.
    ERBE, XO-1

RC Qualifier
    why would you bother with Lipo's so cheap ? It'd just make it really heavy and handle badly

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by graham_h View Post
    why would you bother with Lipo's so cheap ? It'd just make it really heavy and handle badly
    Well, tbh, it seems that all lipos are on some type of national galactic infinite backorder. Also, why not? $20-$30 saved is money I can reinvest in other toys!
    But I didn't consider the weight difference....
    ERBE, XO-1