Thread: XO-1 Motor Fan?

RC Racer

XO-1 Motor Fan?

Hey Guys,

Is the only fan available for the XO-1 stock motor the one for sale on EBay by FartofDoom? Nothing against him at all - I heard nothing but great things - I just want to weigh all my options - if there are any other options...

Thanks!
    Mayor VXL
    ERevo|XO-1|Summit 1/8th

RC Champion
    The castle fan for the 2200kv motor will work if you trim the plastic. That's what I use on mine.
    Jeremy

RC Qualifier
    The yeah racing fans in my opinion are best bang for buck u will find never seen such a small fan move air like that
    XO-1,SLASH 4X4 ,SLASH 2WD , 2/RUSTLER

RC Racer
    i was thinking about making a super fan for it, i am considering getting a ducted fan from an rc jet and integrating it into the body because it will literally suck a massive amount of cool air on and around the motor and esc and help the car stick to the ground more because of the increased down force

Take a look into the hobbywing 44/60 fan might fit.
    DEU 8:18 ESV

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by slash4x4baja View Post
    i was thinking about making a super fan for it, i am considering getting a ducted fan from an rc jet and integrating it into the body because it will literally suck a massive amount of cool air on and around the motor and esc and help the car stick to the ground more because of the increased down force
    That won't help downforce. Downforce is pressure created by the air flowing over the body. If you take that air away, you lose downforce.
    Jeremy

RC Racer
    you are correct you will lose some regular down force from the change in aerodynamics however the fan will create more than what was lost, my idea was to mount it in a way that would suck the air out from underneath the chassis, if you have ever seen the kids toys that you can drive up the walls or the ceiling you will know what im talking about

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by slash4x4baja View Post
    you are correct you will lose some regular down force from the change in aerodynamics however the fan will create more than what was lost, my idea was to mount it in a way that would suck the air out from underneath the chassis, if you have ever seen the kids toys that you can drive up the walls or the ceiling you will know what im talking about
    Ok, so you're going to mount it facing down through the chassis? I assumed you were going to have it pull through the front of the body.
    Jeremy

RC Racer
    yup that's the plan, i think it should help quite a lot to not only cool the motor but help with high speed blow overs. Im thinking with a little modification it could go where the receiver box is and then i can just make a small duct so it blows the air over the esc and motor

RC Champion
    Would be interesting to see how it works.
    Jeremy