Thread: Over Heating

RC poster

Over Heating

Here's my problem, for some odd reason my Rally keeps overheating and i cant figure out why. I have the stock setup with the slipper, and upgraded to the diff and still gets very hot. I added the link so that the sensor starts warning but it is off a few degrees. i do give it the heat gun and it is in the 160- 180 range after a 10ish minute run. Using stock spur/gear I do run it on the track so i made some mods. I had to replace the front bumper to a slash one and lifted the body some as well as cut the body to make the bumper fit. It almost seems that there is not enough air flowing. When i remove it from the track, i can feel the heat. Lets see i am using my blitz tires with beams for the clay and for some reason i cannot keep a steady throttle on it. I do feather the throttle a lot on the runs so i don't know if that is the problem. Any ideas? i am thinking of using a truck body on it now.... You don't think that the problem is I have the green body do you?

First off, racing is hard on any truck and the Rally is pushing the stock velineon to the edge in terms of what it can handle on the track. I don't think the lid is the problem but you might consider drilling some extra vent holes in the front and rear for more airflow. Second thing I would do is upgrade to the Kingzhead motor mount which should help cool the motor a bit. Third I'd add aluminum fins to the motor to wick some more heat away.

Feathering is no problem but it probably does add to the heat issue.
    My Black & Blue Rally is faster than your color...

RC poster
    ok ill swap out the motor and use my Castle 1410 4pole, should i keep same pinion or increase it a tad see how it reacts

FYI the Velineon esc won't run a 4-pole motor.

I'd stick with stock gearing and see how it performs. You could have overheated the vxl motor already which means it may overheat easier.
    My Black & Blue Rally is faster than your color...