RC poster

3s lipo run time low and low voltage protecting mode

Hey guys I have a problem
    I have a rusler vxl and when I run it for 5 to 10 min with onyx 11.1v 5000mah 25c lipo the esc go into LVP mode which only gives me 50% throttle even after I just charge it with my Radient Primal charger with lipo balance the top speed I'm getting 65mph when 2weeks ago I was getting 68mph with a lot longer run time it only do that with this lipo. I have 2 other onyx 2s 7.4v 8000mah/5000mah lipo's that run just fine with long run times. I don't have a lipo voltage tester. Is it time for me to get another 3s lipo and I just brought the car a little over a month ago new.

Thanks for the help

RC Champion
    Sound like you ran it under 3v per cell and did damage to the battery , You need the lipo voltage tester to make sure you run at safe volts levels and how do you store your lipo's ?
    1 Rusty VXL

RC poster
    Where can I get a lipo voltage tester and I keep my lipo's in my gym bag I thought the esc would prevent it from going below 50%
    Last edited by VegetaLambo; 04-24-2013 at 08:27 PM.

RC Champion
    You can get them off ebay , http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-2in1-Ind...51142978169%26 you no u hv to store them if not going to b use within 40 hrs at 3.85v per cell and no on the esc at 50- percent , I've the VXL 3S in mind and there are 2 stage's for shot down , 1st stage is a slow down stage an that's at about 3.75 v per cell an shout down is at about 3.2-2.3v pc . This is what Traxxas support said .
    Last edited by rhardy60; 04-25-2013 at 07:41 AM.
    1 Rusty VXL

RC poster
    Ok cool thanks but what is this storage mode thing with the lipo batteries

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by VegetaLambo View Post
    Ok cool thanks but what is this storage mode thing with the lipo batteries
    Storage mode is when your not going to use the battery for a day or two , you put it in storage mode an that at 3.85v per cell , This make the battry life last longer an not hart any cell . You should read about storage for lipo's .Hears some reading for you . http://traxxas.com/support/Traxxas-Battery-Basics
    Last edited by rhardy60; 04-25-2013 at 11:19 AM.
    1 Rusty VXL

Since this is the place to talk about Traxxas batteries, you'll need to contact Duratrax for their batteries.
    The Super Derecho