RC Racer

brushed and Brushless Questions

i have a brand new E-MAXX coming in the mail. so i have never bought an rc car brand new so what are the best ways to break ing the brushed motors i saw on youtube some guy took his set up out and put the motor in a cup of water and ran it, but i would hate to ruin a manufatures waranty.

another thing is that i heard that you can put a velenion brushles set up in the emaxx. i dont really want a mummba yet i dont have the cash for it. would the velenion be a good upgrade from the titans? sorry if my spelling is bad. i need to revisit 3rd grade haha

RC Enthusiast
    Kershaw designs has a motor and speed control that is better suited than the vxl and is the same price. Wp sc8 and 2500kv motor. Handles up to 4s and it hauls butt. I wouldn't expect the titans to last very long. The water break-in method is better for performance but not longevity from what I've read.
    emaxx nitro 4-tec
    tmaxx tl-01
    slash slash 4x4

RC Turnbuckle Jr. Jimmie Neutron's Avatar
    I don't think Traxxas warranty covers the Titans... they are considered a throw away motor.
    Whatever it is I just said... I could be wrong.

RC Racer
    Yea FYI the break in in water is very unpredictable.
    I would just run it 3/4 throttle with no rev. or braking for a pack to break it in

RC Racer
    Ok thanks. I will just see what the instructions say for break in