RC Racer

Tekin T8 + RX8 or Mamba monster

Hey guys, I just purchased a 3908L and am loving it so far. I have been debating about putting my Tekin setup in it over the mamba monster, the Tekin is a 2250KV setup. Its sensored and therefore a lot smoother, but I'm not sure.. I have the Tekin in my rustler currently and its INSANE fast.. I'd really like to put the older MMM in my Rustler, the New MMM in my Erevo and the Tekin in my Emaxx and sell the rustler..

What do you all think? Just looking for another opinion on the matter... Thanks

The Tekin system in the emaxx is pretty good. It does run smoother over the MMM and some say does better than the castle system. the castle system in your rustler would be about the same as what you have in there. I would not sell the system with the rustler as you would.not get the money you would make selling the rustler alone then the system. System can be sold for like 200 and rustler for like 125-150 as a roller depending on condition.
    DEU 8:18 ESV

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    I ran rx8-2250 on my revo, 4s lipos, 20/54, didn't noticed much different with the MMM-2200 geared the same other than it runs smooth at lower speed as expected, other than that it is about the same. Programming the RX8 for the first time can be tricky it has so many menus, and functions that it takes a while, also it doesn't have auto lipo, so you can use a different lipo configuration without programming the esc before. For a basher truck I prefer the MMM, also cheaper to fix castle charges $85 for the mmm2, $70 for the mmm, tekin is about $130 for the Rx8.

RC Racer
    Good point, I think I'll just leave the Tekin in my rustler for now. I don't run that one too often and I'm thinking about selling it anyway... Get me some $$ for emaxx upgrades... lol

You'll need cash for an emaxx
    DEU 8:18 ESV

RC Racer
    I believe you Mike...!! LOL, out of the box I put the traxxas center CVD and the corner CVD's on as well so it should hold up for a while. I'm not a hard core basher by any means. There is no where to get all crazy with it and hit sweet jumps around here so I mostly just haul butt through the grass and what little dirt there is around here. Got it a little dusty last night..!! lol I'm really gentle with my EMBE... I have an ERBE that I got off a buddy for $150 that I plan to beat on .... lol..... Just have to see what the deal is with the rear diff when I get home from work today..