Thread: Speed runs

RC Qualifier

Speed runs

I got my rustler doing some speed runs now and i need to know whats a good GPS to get oh and any help on speed runs setup is good to i have the vxl in it

RC Qualifier
    small spur + big pinion + big battery = go fast You may also want to consider tires that are less prone to ballooning.

Garmin makes a few diff models of GPS that are small. I have a older Trex GPS that i use velcro to stick on the upper chassis. Its a lil heavy buts thats ok i feel it helps keep the Rusty on the ground at high speeds. Also i think there are some apps that track speeds and and distance.
    " You just got passed by a Traxxas"

RC Qualifier
    Oh I have a iPhone 4 so if you know a good one let me know

RC Qualifier
    if you have a iphone4 hook up the telemetry sensors and get a TQi controller if you dont already have one. The you can see speed, battery volts and motor temps.
    " You just got passed by a Traxxas"

RC Qualifier

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by streetslash View Post
    I got my rustler doing some speed runs now and i need to know whats a good GPS to get oh and any help on speed runs setup is good to i have the vxl in it
    With the vxl system, 31/76 gearing is really as high as you should push it. Maybe 33/76. JConcepts G-Loc tires would be a great choice. That'll get you into the 70mph range if you use a good 3S Lipo battery.

Move the shocks out all the way on the a-arms, put in some heavier shock oil, maybe add a little weight up front under the shock tower, and cut some holes in the body for ventilation and airflow/aerodynamics. You'll be going super-fast in no time. 70mph in an RC car is flat-out moving.

I have a garmin nuvi that works well. Just strap it down!

Start with 25/83 gearing and go up from there. That should get you well into the 40's mph on 3s.
    My Black & Blue Rally is faster than your color...