RC Racer

No throttle outside "Channel Setup" menu?!!

Hi,

Weirdest thing ever: linked my 4-channel TQi receiver (as I have a Summit) to the TQi receiver of my Slash 4x4. Linked ok. Calibrated the transmitter throttle end points to the ESC, no problem either.

But... No throttle. So I went to check the throttle trim settings ("Throttle Channel Setup") in the Link app, and... Throttle worked.
    But as soon as I leave that menu, throttle doesn't respond anymore. Open up Throttle Channel Setup screen again, and the motor responds to trigger input again.
    Throttle also works when I am in the "Steering Channel Setup" screen.

I have resetted, relinked, recalibrated and tried all night, but it just stays that way. Also deleted the vehicle in the app and had it added again.
    Of course, I could be driving with the Throttle Channel Setup opened, but I'd rather prefer the dash board view.

Who has the golden tip? Thanks!!!
    Greetz, JEREMY.

RCblog.nl - Summit*ERBE*Sl4sh

RC Racer
    Problem solved.
    I had to reset the TQi transmitter by having it switched off, keeping pressed MENU and SET, and switch it on, release the buttons and press SET again after the red led started blinking.
    Greetz, JEREMY.

RCblog.nl - Summit*ERBE*Sl4sh

RC poster
    I have exactly the same problem after last update. I tried everything, but nothing changed. Does anybody have any idea?

RC Racer
    Try resetting the transmitter -- with the transmitter off hold down the two red buttons and turn it on.

If that doesn't work, call Traxxas. Apparently the transmitter and receiver firmware upgrades sometimes fail during installation and the only solution is to send it to Traxxas to replace. I had to do this with my Summit 4 channel when it failed a couple of days after I linked it to my Slash 2WD. Things worked fine for a few days, then stopped. I had a second TQi and was able to run both trucks so it wasn't a receiver problem.

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Tjon View Post
    Hi,

Weirdest thing ever: linked my 4-channel TQi receiver (as I have a Summit) to the TQi receiver of my Slash 4x4. Linked ok. Calibrated the transmitter throttle end points to the ESC, no problem either.

But... No throttle. So I went to check the throttle trim settings ("Throttle Channel Setup") in the Link app, and... Throttle worked.
    But as soon as I leave that menu, throttle doesn't respond anymore. Open up Throttle Channel Setup screen again, and the motor responds to trigger input again.
    Throttle also works when I am in the "Steering Channel Setup" screen.

I have resetted, relinked, recalibrated and tried all night, but it just stays that way. Also deleted the vehicle in the app and had it added again.
    Of course, I could be driving with the Throttle Channel Setup opened, but I'd rather prefer the dash board view.

Who has the golden tip? Thanks!!!
    Thank you SO much for posting this (and the solution). I'll give it a shot tomorrow. This JUST happened and I thought it was because I did a brand new Traxxas telemetry install, but now I remember having to do a (new) Rx firmware update twice (it errored out once); perhaps that messed something up in the Tx too.

Thanks for posting!

RC Qualifier
    good to know