RC poster

latest 1/10 summit help

hi everyone! im new to the club, not to the products! i just got the latest big summit, and only half hour the transmission servo failed, i bought a new one same thing in ten minutes! any ideas?

RC Turnbuckle Jr. Jimmie Neutron's Avatar
    Whatever it is I just said... I could be wrong.

RC Competitor
    There could be something wrong in the true transmission. The servo could be pushing harder than it should.

RC Qualifier
    I went through three tranny shift servos in a few weeks when my Summit was new. Then I took a few minutes and manually adjusted the servo so that it was never pushing farther than it was able to move. It's been working ever since (one and a half plus years).
    Basically, what happens I think is that if the servo is not adjusted properly, when it shifts back and forth one endpoint will be farther than the linkage will actually move. Thus even at "rest" the servo will be straining to move a little farther. This constant straining eventually burns the servo out. In my case, the servos just starting getting all glitchy and wouldn't stay still. That's what happened with me anyway.
    Why can't other people share my opinions?

RC Competitor
    Heck, mine is 4 years old and I NEVER had that problem. As I always say, I got mine 2 days after they were released.

RC poster
    thanks everyone for your help, larsen8 i will give that a try! and would buying a micro metal gear servo be a better option, for this? traxxas sent out my replacement today! but i always wanted this beautiful beast! its the best crawler i got now!

RC Turnbuckle Jr. Jimmie Neutron's Avatar
    Once they are proper adjusted, there is no need for a stronger or "better" servo. This application does not need a high torque (expensive) metal geared servo... all it should be doing is moving a wee little lever back and forth.
    Whatever it is I just said... I could be wrong.

RC Qualifier
    ^+1 A properly adjusted servo should last a while
    Why can't other people share my opinions?

RC poster
    thanks all! i will do that!

RC poster
    everyone, i got the new servo and got it adjusted i think perfect! thanks all for the help!