RC Qualifier

Stripped tranny gear problems

Tried to start my slayer today and when it started it would do these things:

1) it would rev really high, with the carb at idle

2) it would not move

3) brake would not slow the motor at all.

So took it inside and narrowed it down to a stripped gear on the tranny.

Weird way for it strip right? I know. But why? Any help is appreciated. And to replace the gear, do I remove the engine or the tranny?
    2wd Slash VXL
    3906 MMM

Easier to remove the tranny as it is four screws and the brake linkage. You will need to loosen the engine and remesh the clutch bell and spur.
    The Super Derecho

RC Racer
    That is weird, but i've never seen a clutch bell rip itself apart like mine did now that was weird lol. But like Double G said you need to adjust the gap between the cb and spur looks like your too far and chewed the gears down in spots.

This happened because i was idleing too long with alluminum shoes, stock bearings, harden steel spur, and with all that friction it heated it up a little too much. lol

I'm hittin' easy street on mud tires.

RC Qualifier
    Excuse me for the dumb question, but what is a clutch bell? Is that what I stripped?
    2wd Slash VXL
    3906 MMM

RC Qualifier
    No, you stripped the spur gear. The clutch bell is that broken piece in Reilly630's picture.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Chopstx View Post
    Excuse me for the dumb question, but what is a clutch bell? Is that what I stripped?
    First off there is NO such thing as a STUPID/DUMB QUESTION. Idk how people would learn correctly with out questions. Especially here. As Mark Bell said the spur gear is what you stripped, what i've shown was a clutch bell that mounts to the engine the spur gear/slipper gear mounts to the transmission side.

Feel free to ask anything regaurding these trucks if theres something that you don't know ask it gaureented someone on here broke the same thing you did or ran into the same problem everyone here is very helpful. Learned lot from the guys here and now its my turn to help shed some light.
    I'm hittin' easy street on mud tires.