RC Racer

I've gone and done it..............R.I.P.

Well the 3.3 just blew up. The connecting rod split in half and put a hole through the piston head i've never seen that one before. I'll have pictures when my phone wakes up from the dead. Anyways what should i do? BIG BLOCK? PORT N POLISH REBUILD? STOCK REPLACEMENT?
    I'm hittin' easy street on mud tires.

It'll cost you more to rebuild than if you ERP it for another 3.3 or buy a new pulled 3.3 off ebay. That's if you want to go the 3.3 route again. If not, then it all depends on how much $$$ you want to drop. I have an OS21tm in mine and it's an awesome little mill. I bit on the pricey side at close to $300 but it runs like it should for that much money, super easy to tune and runs like a beast and a direct drop in motor no mods. If you want complete insanity go with a BB.

RC poster
    I just ordered OS21tm from eBay to my Slayer PRO as well!

RC Racer
    Sell it and go large scale lol

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

R.I.P, sorry about that. Personally, I would get a stock TRX 3.3, then port and polish it, put ceramic bearings in it, a Buku clutch, a THS pipe, and a Losi 3.4 carb. That would be a great combo! Just my .02 cents.
    Sl2sh Slayer Summit Sl4sh Teton/Rally T-Maxx Pnde

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfslash16 View Post
    R.I.P, sorry about that. Personally, I would get a stock TRX 3.3, then port and polish it, put ceramic bearings in it, a Buku clutch, a THS pipe, and a Losi 3.4 carb. That would be a great combo! Just my .02 cents.

I wish i had buku bucks and if i was racing it yeah i'd do that lol ......
    But im gonna look into that os21 cause it was a pain sometimes to tune the 3.3 but in the end it paid off

RC Qualifier
    Adding the Losi carb alone will make the 3.3 run like a different engine. Daily tuning is a thing of the past, it idles perfect all day and adds enough power to make you smile. My Slayer was the first truck to get one and Tuesday I ordered five more to go on my other 3.3's.

RC Racer
    whats the part number for the losi carb? i'm probably going to do the power up and get 20 bucks off the engine just to get the truck back up and running

whats the part number for the losi carb? i'm probably going to do the power up and get 20 bucks off the engine just to get the truck back up and running
    Here you go! LOSR2123
    Sl2sh Slayer Summit Sl4sh Teton/Rally T-Maxx Pnde

Quote Originally Posted by Reilly630 View Post
    Well the way the ERP works is they allow you to buy the motor half price of MSRP which is $220 so in the end your final price is $110 and you send the old motor in minus your flywheel/clutch, header pipe, and EZ start or pull start. It's not a bad deal really if you don't need the old blown up mill. The guy at the LHS gave me the motor for exactly $110, no mark up (plus tax of course) very good deal. I keep the new 3.3 for a back up.

RC Competitor
    I just used the ERP. great program, no need to rebuilt and engine when you can get everything new.

FWIW, I never have a problem with my 2.5 or 3.3's holding a tune.
    Slayer Pro,Nitro Rustler,Jato,Slash 2wd,Slash 4wd.

RC Qualifier
    For me it depends on how much use the engine has on it to what I do. I had 15 gallons thru the 3.3 on my Jato so I traded it in, I figured it was pretty worn out. My Slayer only had 5 gallons so I got a piston and sleeve off Amazon for $51.96 including shipping.

RC Competitor
    The problem with connecting rod known in Russia to. I am bought second engine for fast change if this happened with me. I know about OS21 Revo edition but very expensive for me now. my frend represent me this connecting rod http://www.ebay.com/itm/HEAVY-DUTY-C...item4d0365aca6
    I like the technical beauty!

RC Enthusiast
    How is the losi carb on the 3.3?? worth throwing it in?
    Last edited by Jakeb; 07-21-2013 at 08:12 AM.
    Murda Slayer

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Ball View Post
    Adding the Losi carb alone will make the 3.3 run like a different engine. Daily tuning is a thing of the past, it idles perfect all day and adds enough power to make you smile. My Slayer was the first truck to get one and Tuesday I ordered five more to go on my other 3.3's.
    To make the losi carb work for the slayer can u switch the idle arm and intake!? (hope that's what their called) My stock carb is set up the other way

Thanks
    Murda Slayer

RC Enthusiast
    So looked around found everything I needed to Know. This guy will be ordering one asap, Ive heard all good things
    Murda Slayer