RC Competitor

rear tires on the front

Okay, I made a mistake of buying 4 bfg rear tires for my rustler, will there be a problem putting rear ones on the front and back? Or should i just post the two rear on ebay and order a front set?

Should not be a problem although some tires may decrease steering response a little, it really depends on the tire. I run Geolandars on all four corners and they work well with my set up.
    BlindMan Racing
    Rusty - MERV - Pede 4x4-Alias
    SPC Lipo Power

What Dad said plus the rear end being wider than the front.
    Nobody is born with experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Petertje60 View Post
    What Dad said plus the rear end being wider than the front.
    That would be a function of the rim offset not the tire itself but a point worth mentioning none the less.
    BlindMan Racing
    SPC Lipo Power

RC Competitor
    Okay they are coming pre mounted. So I guess ill list I've them a try. thanks for the input

Quote Originally Posted by lcback View Post
    Okay they are coming pre mounted. So I guess ill list I've them a try. thanks for the input
    In that case what Peter said is true and the rear off set rim MAY have some rub issues when the steering is at full lock. I see no issue with rear tires on the front but rear rims on the front IMO is not the best set up.
    BlindMan Racing
    SPC Lipo Power

RC Qualifier
    for bashing the offset shouldnt be a issue. Just be extra careful about making tight turns while braking. With the front slight narrower than the rear youll get a lil bit of the "wheel barrel" effect and could roll over easier. I ran the wrong offset up front on my SCR for a long time racing on clay its doable just have to be mindful.
    " You just got passed by a Traxxas"

RC Racer
    I had rear rims mounted on the front at one point and on mine the nut would bottom out on the pin before tightening on the rim and it wobble and the pin the goes through would fall out after a while, which makes it fun to get the wheel off.

RC Qualifier
    You can't put rear wheels on the front of A 2-wheel drive.

RC Qualifier
    I run rear nitro on the front and rear electric on the rear. I do this to get the staggered offset that I want. I even used a wider hex up front to push them out a little more. I'm not sure how the factory set up is as I built this rig from scratch. Mine has a slightly narrower front but not much. Sorry no pic on this post, still trying to figure out new phone. You can see it in gallery or my (now you see me ) post.
    BB MERV/550 Rusty/OS21REVO
    Drive it like its Hot

RC Competitor
    Alright thanks mr Merv I think I will open one pack see how the look and function on the front and if there doesn't seem to be a problem ill leave them. If there does ill put them on the rear and sell or return the in opened pack for a pack of front ones.

I'm really looking forward to these tires the ones I have now are so old and flimsy with flat spots in the middle where they sat.

Wheels for rear nitro and electric front are the same. Some manufacturers (like Proline) even put that in the specifications.
    Nobody is born with experience.

RC Qualifier
    To clarify, I used jato rears in the front and rustler rears in the rear. This have different offsets than the electric. With the addition of the wider grey hexes up front. On low profile jacos
    Drive it like its Hot

I'd like to see pics when you have them mounted up. I used 4 fronts all the time which makes the rear wider, but never tried rears on the front. I think there will be clearance issues because of the wheel design.
    My Black & Blue Rally is faster than your color...

RC Competitor
    okay, they came in alst night. I only opend one pack and treid putting them on the front. defintely will not work when the nut bottoms out they are very wobbly and just wont work. I got them from an hobby shop on ebay. so i emailed him asking if i could send the un -opend back pack for a set of the fronts as they are the same price. sofar no response, if he says no i guess i will be trying to sell the rears to get some fronts or tradeing someone.

i do love the look of them though, got the blue bead locks, and i have blue RPM A-arms bumper etc. even with the old fronts on i like the look of the slanted forward rustler. if i cant get another set of front ill just have to paint the front rims black.

RC Qualifier
    You can see it in my now you see me post or the gallery. Its a 69 charger. Orange with black stripes n black wheels. I have a LG Revo body that I definatly had to trim to fit. Not perfect but pretty close. Going to do an extended chassis before next body for a.to scale.fit.
    Drive it like its Hot