RC Racer

Why does my try not start right back up after running?

So the truck starts fine and and runs great, however, after a while of driving if it stalls at idle or I shut it off I cannot seem to get it started again until it cools. It seems as though once the motor is warm it doesnt want to start..which doesnt make sense to me.

What is going on here?

Thanks

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

RC Racer
    I had the same issue yesterday. But didn't help my ez start battery died..

So the truck starts fine and and runs great, however, after a while of driving if it stalls at idle or I shut it off I cannot seem to get it started again until it cools. It seems as though once the motor is warm it doesn't want to start..which doesn't make sense to me.
    Oh, sounds like a worn out engine to me. When the engine warms up, the sleeve expands more than the piston, loosing the compression. So, how many gallons are on it?
    Sl2sh Slayer Summit Sl4sh Teton/Rally T-Maxx Pnde

RC Qualifier
    It sounds like a worn out engine.
    Jato 3.3, Revo .28 JL Max, Nitro Stampede 3.3

RC Qualifier
    loss of top pinch.... ie motor worn.
    compression and piunch although related are two differant things.. without pinch no go..

RC Racer
    The engine is a axial .28 big block. Is there a way to fix this without having to buy a new motor? Like some type of rebuild? Can I replace the sleeve or something?

I bought the truck used from my LHS I guess about a month ago. I have a good relationship with the owner so I dont think he "got me" on purpose by selling me a worn engine...anyway ive put a gallon through it since then and have really noticed this issue is the past 2 weeks.

RC Qualifier
    if you are able to remove the piston and sleeve you can replace it, but its worth checking over all the other components to ensure its all in good working order> Ie bearings are good no leaks, rear shaft bushing and then cost up the price of a new piston and sleeve (they come as a pair) here in uk its too expencise to justify buying these as its as much as a new motr give or take a few $$ so I always buy new.. but in the US parts are way cheaper and it may be worth your while..

a good test of pinch is to remove the piston and sleeve with conrod and gently move the piston up the bore/sleeve/cylinder and see where it stops.. if its worn it will go very close if not level/flush with the top of the sleeve or maybe all the way through..
    there are a few vid on youtube to help but it should stop may 3-4mm from the top I beleive cant say exactly as I am only giving you an idea..

you can also get them repinched which gives a little more life to the motor or try doing it yourself but Im unsure how successfull it would be but again a little research, google and maybe some feedback form members here could soon assist with how to do and how it worked out..
    Last edited by RevoDeano; 04-23-2013 at 07:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jawz121 View Post
    The engine is a axial .28 big block. Is there a way to fix this without having to buy a new motor? Like some type of rebuild? Can I replace the sleeve or something?

I bought the truck used from my LHS I guess about a month ago. I have a good relationship with the owner so I dont think he "got me" on purpose by selling me a worn engine...anyway ive put a gallon through it since then and have really noticed this issue is the past 2 weeks.

Unfortunately that falls under Non Traxxas support, but most nitros can be rebuilt, consult the mfr for the part#s etc.

Now you sure your not just running it too lean on the LSN... Consult the MFR on their tuning specs, they are not the same as TRX engines. NN
    Founder of H.U.A.
    Hop Ups Anonymous