RC Racer

Big Bock Revo My Way.

I just cant seem to just go buy the stuff, doesnt feel right. I'm a builder so why not do it my way right ?
    Axial .28 with a cut up HPI Savage motor mount. As you see its gonna work out great.
    In the pic of the Roto Start the rear arms are fully compressd and I have a bit of a gap so it wont hit the arm... and yes the carb it on the wrong way for the Revo for now..

More to come as I do it.

This post brought back some memories from the past…
    Some words of advice from someone who has done something very similar.

You need to add some type of bracing from the engine bay area to the chassis.

With the removal of the stock mount a lot of much needed support for the engine bay is gone. The only areas that are now structurally supporting the engine bay are in the areas of the yellow and red lines in this pic. The red lines being the most critical areas for support.
    The stock chassis brace will not help much at all in this instance as the bracing needs to be anchored inboard of the main chassis.

Trust me, one good hit to the engine head in a wreck, or one good chassis slap to the ground off a jump and those areas will bend without additional bracing and bye bye spur gear/mesh.

That .28 weighs basically twice as much as the 3.3 which is a considerable amount of extra weight for the 3 areas of the engine bay to support by themselves. Add to that the extra height of the engine head and it’s a bent engine bay just waiting to happen.
    Just the torque of the engine alone will slowly but surely bend those areas without additional support/bracing.
    No slipper/tall gearing/power = broken parts.

RC Racer
    I hear ya and Thank you, but i'm gonna add more as in a skid plate type when done that will tie in from the left outside to the center... it sits farther to the outside than Id like and more upright than the NewAra Mount but hey, getting stiffer rear springs and crank down more on the left side and make a hoop to protect the head.

Good thing is I can always buy a new 3.3 front motor mount brace and mount the 3.3 back in.. I too out the stock mount but cut the front brace so to leave the part that holds the rear bulkhead center.... it will all look better when done as well.

I will keep reverse as im in a wheelchair and going to move it every little bit is a pain but I will only use it as needed and with not much power... until someone makes a steel reverse gear that is hehe...

But how does the motor location look ?
    Last edited by TeraTreker; 04-23-2013 at 10:28 AM.