RC Competitor

Which shock oil ??

Sory, I`m new in Rc...Which shock oil is better for bashing? I dont race and is not for Big jumps or extreme bashing. I use 30w and green springs front, 35w and gray springs rear.
    Last edited by Cyborg; 04-22-2013 at 05:01 PM.

RC Qualifier
    there are a lot of threads out there on this topic bud, a quick google or search on here will give you more reading then you could possible get through or have asked for
    the long and short of it is, depending on what you consider "Bashing" adn your driving style depends on the setup your gonna want, I wouldnt recomend any oil obove 50-60wt but oils are only part of the shock setup and you then have to consider which holes to put your push rods and your rockers, and you springs and your pistons and it all boils down to a lot of factors... play around and see what you like..
    I wouldnd be suprised to see some links posted to other threads.

RC Competitor
    Ok...I`m considering to put 50WT oil for now and keep the same springs, I think it`s a good choice
    Thanks

RC Qualifier
    50wt is a good choice for your average basher. You may want to go up one size front/rear on the springs if its not returning to level. I use to use 2 of the 8mm spacers per shock in the rear and 2 of the 4mm spacers on the front shock(have to have 2 sets of spacers) until i got stiffer springs.

Remember to make sure the shock pistons are fully compressed when you put the caps back on to insure all the air is out of the shock. The shock should extend on its own. The spring is whats supposed to extend the shocks.
    " You just got passed by a Traxxas"