RC Competitor

HR Rockers with Traxxas Sway Bar

Its not clear to me if this setup is possible. Even the HR sway bar kit doesn't mention compatibility with their rockers. Also, what are the advantages of the aluminum rocker mounts? I have bent 2, guessing I could avoid that?

RC Qualifier
    Yep, works .
    But remember that the threads in the HR rockers get damaged quickly. Also the HR design adds a lot of stress on the threads. You shouldnt use aluminium rocker posts, most of us bent them. If you want something else, you should use the lunsford titanium rocker posts.

RC Competitor
    So are the HR rockers worth it if the threads are getting stripped? Another option?

RC Qualifier
    I'm personally waiting for the STRC rockers, but they have been out of stock for quite a while, tried to contact them too, but they don't reply

RC Qualifier
    I bought HR rockers, used them for half a run, and then uninstalled them in favour plastic progressive 1 rockers.

Metal rockers are just another one of those things which are cool to look at, but are absolute rubbish to actually use and drive with.

RC Qualifier
    Do metal rockers not hold up well? Do they bend easy?

RC Champion
    Kinda late to the party but the problem with the aluminum rockers is the threads do not hold. I'm not sure if its just hot racing rockers but its a known problem. They also don't stay screwed in very well. You could try to get longer screws and put a nut on the back to hold it on though but if you do that might as well drill out the threads.
    ERBE
    Savage Flux XL
    Trail finder 2

RC Qualifier
    I think STRC will hold up better because there is way less stress on the threads. But i have yet to see them in stock somewhere.

RC Champion
    Yea, I'm not sure whats with STRC lately.
    ERBE
    Savage Flux XL
    Trail finder 2