RC poster

Problems with XL5

Im sure that somewhere on this site the answer to this question exist, I just cant find it. I have two new XL5s and a new Traxxas transmitter /receiver and new nihm battery. I am trying to get the XL5 and the transmitter to calibrate the throttle. All settings on the transmitter are neutral. All things being correct, I start to calibrate the XL5 according to the instruction and the green light comes on, then the red light, I release and the red light stays on............and on ........and on. All other functions can be calibrated. This has happens on two new XL5s. Anybody got a solution............PLEASE

If it is the new XL-5 with LVD, the solid red means it is out of programing mode and LVD is turned off.

You may not be holding the button long enough, or holding it too long when putting it into programming mode.
    Submarine Qualified, Chief Inducted, Navy Retired

RC poster
    Does the LVD HAVE TO BE TURNED OFF if Im using nihms to program..........and how do I put it back into programing mode
    and OH, by the way, spent a great amount of time in my younger years in Bham..........great collage town
    Navy man HUH............we"re all proud of ya

RC Champion
    I you live in the USA you can call Traxxas support they can walk you throw it . Ph# for USA is 1-888-872997
    1 Rusty VXL

RC poster
    Im affraid you a number short in the phone number................

Customer support: 1-888-TRAXXAS (1-888-8729927).
    Nobody is born with experience.

RC poster
    Hey ..thanks....got my answer