RC Enthusiast

Tires like the stock ones that last longer?

My stock tires (particularly the rear) are totally bare and even split from the wheel in some areas after no more than 10-12 runs. I liked their performance on the street and lack of ballooning/traction roll though. Is there a good tire like the stock ones that last significantly longer? I hear the Anacondas are good but apparently they don't last terribly long either.

Well..
    Your best bet is to go with something like jconcepts g-locs
    Slash 2wd, Slash 4x4, 30th digger, Rustler VXL

The stock tires not ballooning is new for me. Especially if they are bare after 10-12 runs.
    +1 on the G-Locs. At least as good as Anacondas and they last way longer and balloon a lot less.
    Nobody is born with experience

Have you been driving on sandpaper? That seems like a short life for stock tires.

Maybe your pavement is extremely hot?
    My Black & Blue Rally is faster than your color...

I really like G Locs but they are really a on road tire and not that good if you do off road.

Gladiators have a similar tread pattern to the stock tires, well kind of and last a lot longer than one might suspect from looking at them. They are 2.2" though so would require a 2.2" rim rather than the stock 2.8" rim.
    BlindMan Racing
    Rusty - MERV - Pede 4x4-Alias
    SPC Lipo Power

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Petertje60 View Post
    The stock tires not ballooning is new for me. Especially if they are bare after 10-12 runs.
    +1 on the G-Locs. At least as good as Anacondas and they last way longer and balloon a lot less.
    They might balloon, but I didn't really notice it. (Especially compared to my 2.8" Masher 2K's on the street... those things balloon like crazy.) So I don't mind that sort of ballooning.

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by O.G. View Post
    Have you been driving on sandpaper? That seems like a short life for stock tires.

Maybe your pavement is extremely hot?
    I don't think so, I've been driving in an asphalt parking lot in 60-70F weather. The lot itself isn't in great shape, and there are some areas of pebbles here and there.

I have been driving it pretty hard (7-cell NiMH with 23/86 and stock 25/86 gearing), I'm guessing that's why. Lots of full throttle starts, turns at high speed (the lot is big but not that big, and there are a few poles in it that I have to avoid), and so on. I guess that's also why the tires are starting to come off the wheels already too.

RC Enthusiast
    Thanks for the G-Loc recommendation. Being adequate off-road would be nice (close to the stock) but I think I'm probably okay with them not being good off-road since I've got some Masher 2Ks.

As far as ballooning, do they balloon as much as the stocks, less, or more?

Also, my stock fronts still have some tread. So at first I might just buy new tires for the rear.

RC Champion
    G-locs are designed to balloon very little. On a 7-cell NiMH, they probably won't hardly balloon at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Jws1982 View Post
    G-locs are designed to balloon very little. On a 7-cell NiMH, they probably won't hardly balloon at all.
    +1 At speeds below 60mph you will probably not notice any ballooning.
    Nobody is born with experience

RC Enthusiast
    Great! It looks like they're sold out though. Is there a "second best" tire alternative to the G-Locs?

Quote Originally Posted by FTFTWW View Post
    Great! It looks like they're sold out though. Is there a "second best" tire alternative to the G-Locs?
    Uhh..
    I guess proline streetfighters
    Slash 2wd, Slash 4x4, 30th digger, Rustler VXL

I have a set of Dynamite Roadrunners that I like, and they dobt balloon much, but I think they only come in 17mm.
    My Black & Blue Rally is faster than your color...