RC poster

rustler xl-5 2.4ghz?

im having a hard time finding the rustler xl-5 with 2.4ghz reciever. ive looked all over the internet and a few
    local shop. any onfo on this would help.

RC Competitor
    XL5 Does not come with 2.4ghz as far as I know. I purchased the xl5 for my son and purchased this 2.4 spektrum dx2e 2 channel receiver and love it. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Spektrum-DX2...-/190695115231

Actually I see on the Traxxas site that the brand new XL5 will have the 2.4 ghz system. You will prolly have to order online though. Since most hobby shops will be selling older inventory with the old style rec/transmitter
    Last edited by rustlervxl131; 04-22-2013 at 03:35 PM.

RC poster
    i checked their website and they have two versions of the rustler. the rustler #37054 and the rustler vxl #3707l. here is the link to the xl-5. http://traxxas.com/products/models/e...ustler-details

RC Champion
    My previous sig conflicted with a forum policy.

RC poster
    is that a trusted website? and is $235 over or under priced?

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by barbadis View Post
    is that a trusted website? and is $235 over or under priced?
    I have bought from AMain several different times, with no problems whatsoever. So have others, no worries there.

The price is probably online hobby average, I would guess?
    My previous sig conflicted with a forum policy.

RC Competitor
    It's a trusted site, but if you check ebay or Craigslist you can find a used bone stock BRUSHLESS Rustler vxl for around the same price as a new brushed version. In my opinion it's worth starting off with brushless because you will eventually want to upgrade to it. Plus, there are so many upgrade options when it comes to hobby grade rc's that you might as well start with a decent setup and upgrade as you need to (ie as you break things) rather than starting with crap and having to literally upgrade $100's of dollars worth of parts to make it decent and durable.

RC poster
    sounds like a good idea but this probably wont go further than 2 cars max for me. thanks for the help finding this rustler.

I like Amain as well.
    My Black & Blue Rally is faster than your color...