RC poster

TQi 4 channel circuit board pictures (help me, help you mod the 2ch to 4ch)

Hey!

i'm trying to find pictures or circuit board diagrams of the 4ch TQi radio, so i can compare the two and then go ahead and modify my 2ch tqi radio with switches and the missing link, just hooking up switches to the unused connectors on the board will simply not work.

So i'm looking for people who can take detailed pictures of the circuit board front and rear side, if you are using a phone to take pictures with, please use a bright light to shine on the board when you take the pictures, it will be clear enough for me to use :-)

So, if anyone can help me out with this, i'll help you guys out and write a DIY on how you guys can do it too, i am going to get it working, and i'm stubborn enough to come up with a solution, just because i want to! :-)

I'm a hardware modder and builder otherwise so i can probably contribute in many ways later on too, if you guys are up for the task :-)

Thanks for reading!

M Quick

RC Competitor
    hey m quick I have the 4 channel tqi radio. im having problems with intermittent signal so I was gonna take mine apart and make sure everything is tight and looks ok. so ill try get you some pics if you still need them..

RC Competitor
    Please do post pictures I am trying to mod my 2ch

RC Champion
    Have you tried youtube for video's. I found a few video's on making a traxxas 4ch out of a 2ch. or a 3 channel, or other mods like a remote start for nitro's.

I also used one to mod my summit controller to a 4 channel. Now my 4th channel is a 3 way switch for a rear steering project. I know some of the problems with the video's is not close enough to see whats what on some. but it was easy to figure out. peace
    Last edited by ajcar; 06-18-2013 at 03:10 PM.
    I'm not krazy. My mother had me tested.

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by rustlerMLB View Post
    Please do post pictures I am trying to mod my 2ch
    ok how do you post pics in here ?

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    You can't change the TQi hardware from 2 to 4 channels , it's a software mod...
    200, 202, 420, humor 404, 301 to rc10talk, 410.

RC Turnbuckle Jr. Jimmie Neutron's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by boydsc331 View Post
    ok how do you post pics in here ?
    First, the picture needs to be uploaded to a web host; like photobucket, flicker, or even a locked folder on facebook (like I do). Then after it is uploaded; you view the picture online, right click, and select "copy image location". At this point you come back to the forum and select the third icon from the right; the one that says "image" when you hover over it, and paste your image location into the box in the popup, then click "ok". Then the picture will be shown like this:

More information:
    http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread...sting-Tutorial
    Whatever it is I just said... I could be wrong.

RC Competitor
    can I just email them to you ?

RC Competitor
    ................................or him ?