RC Enthusiast

Clutch spring help, and do they make beadlocks for the slayer?

Hi everyone, and thank you before hand for the help. I have been having a lot of problems with my slayer, actually it is driving me nuts LOL. I have been breaking header after header, my next step is to just buy a whole new exhaust, but for now I bought the spring loaded header from traxxas. Anyway one day of driving and my spring broke, my hobby shop didn't have anything even remotely close to fitting on there so I used a piece of wire to hold it on there, it actually works very well a whole lotta bashing and no more problems. So my clutch spring broke and I just put a brand new clutch on the other day. Is there a trick to getting these things to last or am I just having bad luck? And one other thing I am looking into getting a good set of beadlock wheels, I was wondering who makes them for the slayer and if you guys have any recommendations. I am so fed up with things breaking when I'm just putting around in a parking lot, thank you all in advance for the help.

Flip the shoes around so that the leading edge hits the bell rather than the trailing edge.
    The Super Derecho

RC Competitor
    My clutch just went out today too. Lol.Probably from pulling my daughter around on her bike lol. Correct me if I'm wrong but does integy make a performance clutch for the slayer? Or what are some good aftermarket performance clutches? Thanks for your knowledge.

RC Enthusiast
    Integrity makes one but I have heard really good things about the Baku clutch set up. It is fully adjustable without removing the engine just flip the truck over and it has adjustment screws to adjust the spring tension right from the flywheel opening.

RC Enthusiast
    Double g when you say flip the shoes around, do you mean they should open and pull the clutch or open and push the clutch? Its kinda hard to explain

Any beadlock wheel with a 14mm hex will fit the Slayer. Oh, I have beadlocks on my Slayer, and I love them. They look really realistic!
    Sl2sh Slayer Summit Sl4sh Teton/Rally T-Maxx Pnde

RC Enthusiast
    Wolfslash16 What ones do you have, I've been on a main and none of them say slayer compatable or 14 mm hex I bought the losi ten t wheels and tires for my slayer because I saw a pic with someone that had them on their slayer and they said they were a direct fit. I know the slayer has 14mm hexes it is just not something that's advertised regularly, usually they just say 1/8 scale buggy or 1/10th short course. It is just a pain in the rear trying to find the right tires and rims LOL. They should have a standard way to advertise them, anyway if anyone know what size foam inserts I could use in my losi zombie max tires it would be greatly appreciated, they are mounted on the losi 320 rims. The foams completely disintegrated on me so I went back to my stock tires and wheels. I would really like to know what bead locks will fit on the slayer tho, that is what I am really interested in.

I bought these... http://www.rcplanet.com/ProductDetai...Code=PRO270904 But, as you can see, they are out of stock, for they don't make any more. I was really lucky to get mine last summer when I did. Funny, the tires I have on them are no longer made either! http://prolineracing.com/all-terrain...-medium-tires/

Here is some pictures, in case you want to see what they look like.

Also, if I'm not mistaken, the Slash 4x4 uses a 14mm hex, so any bead lock for the Slash should work on the Slayer... I'm not 100% sure though... They bead locks for the Slash 2wd won't work, the 2wd is a 12mm hex.

You CAN use 12mm hex hub Slash 2wd bead lock wheels on a Slayer. All you need is a set of Tekno 12mm aluminum clamping hex hubs for a 6mm axle.

I run a M2C Racing 3 shoe clutch setup and it's been holding up great. It comes with 3 different color springs with different spring rates for adjustment. If you get that clutch get the spring tool with it or you will be cussing it for hours.

RC Competitor
    The slash is a 12mm hex. You'll have to upgrade to the 17mm if you want decent wheel options. The 14mm are just not a highly sought after size. Not much support.