RC Enthusiast

Considering a Revo

So my first nitro was a Jato 3.3 and now I have a Savage XL and a T-Maxx.
    I kind of inherited the T-Maxx and when I did I was amazed that it runs a very tight race with my 5.9 Savage.
    Since then the Savage has undergone pretty extensive modding, ERCM Picco, ERCM pipe, LST shocks,
    steering servo upgrade, Ofna throttle mod, mod'd TVP's and other minor tweeks. All that because a T-Maxx embarrassed
    me.
    When I first considered a monster truck, here in the Houston area, I noticed everyone has a Savage. Honestly, I've never
    seen a Revo 3.3 in action. I just can't help but imagine though what one can do if a T-Maxx could hang with my stock
    Savage.
    I guess what I'm doing here is just soliciting encouragement and or any "first thing you need to do to a Revo is... ".
    Thanks for either

RC Competitor
    Put Tekno sway bars

RC Qualifier
    It's pretty sweet out of the box. Drive it first and see what changes will compliment your driving style. For me changing the shock oil to 50wt and changing the springs was the best improvement for me.
    One shot.....One kill, no exceptions

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloody_Wheels View Post
    It's pretty sweet out of the box. Drive it first and see what changes will compliment your driving style. For me changing the shock oil to 50wt and changing the springs was the best improvement for me.
    What differences did you see with the 50wt? I was thinking about doing mine also

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by JP3.3 View Post
    What differences did you see with the 50wt? I was thinking about doing mine also
    I changed the springs at the same time. It handled jumps a lot better and track handling was a lot better too.

RC Competitor
    iwaslikedagum, go buy you one and never look back. Friend down the street has a TMaxx and I ran circles around him on a make shift race track and bashing while he was picking his up after rolling over all the time. He finally went and bought him a REVO and he loves it. He still runs his old trusty TMaxx to bash, but it cant hang with the REVO. I have 3 and one is the old 5309 that i run 33% in, screwed the springs down to hardly any tension, and it sets low, looks like a tarantula and runs like a raped ape. Oh yeah, I changed the spur gear to a 40 tooth and its a **** of a lot quicker, I'm not one to run 40+ in a straight line all the time, I like to turn and burn too much.

RC Competitor
    Go with the slayer pro 4x4! Same chasis, suspension, almost everything is the same as the revo,except its extremely fast and no reverse. It's the best nitro truck produced, as far as reliability.And it's only $440.00, compared to the $600.00 revo.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Jrmcmlln View Post
    It's the best nitro truck produced
    wow

RC Competitor
    If the slayer is the best nitro produced why it`s only $440.00!!??
    Buy a Revo 3.3, you will not regret
    Last edited by Cyborg; 04-26-2013 at 01:30 PM.

RC Competitor
    Just because something cost more doesn't make it any better. How old are you?

RC Enthusiast
    Sway bars will change your life... at least they did mine

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Jrmcmlln View Post
    ... How old are you?

I've had a Slayer and changed for a Revo 3.3
    Last edited by Cyborg; 04-26-2013 at 06:58 PM.

RC Racer
    I love my revo.. My friend has the slayer pro and every time we go to the beach, or dirt, or grass.... Pretty much anything he always says... If my truck was wider.. If my truck had bigger wheels.. I could keep up with you. He won't specifically say he's jealous... But i know he is haha.. Hos truck i drive it sometimes and its ok.. But it can't tackle large obstacles, deep snow or sand, and just doesn't do enough. I have some street tires for mine and sway bars and it keeps up with our rs4s no problem. Tight turns are a little lacking but the slayer pro lacks that too. I don't know how it's the best truck ever made... It can't handle all the fun stuff as well as a revo. Its the perfect in between from the slayer and maxx.

First things I'd do is the steering mod for tighter steering, sway bars, street tires if you'll see concrete, rpm bumpers.. Some extra battery packs, the usual. I blow clutches pretty quick so I'd do a racing 3 shoe clutch, thats my next replacement.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

RC poster
    50 wt shock oil, orange/gold springs, swaybars, wing, and set the 2 speed so it shifts about 20 feet after launch
    freeks come out at nite...

RC Racer
    I just bought a revo 3.3 is the best upgrade I done since my vxl stampede I know my stampede is fast and pop wheelies like nothing . But the nitro deal is better ,poweris good and revo is taller and will literraly will go anywhere were them other small version of stampede slayer trucks. True story had my revo today at the park and was just full throttle and turning nevr flipped and going through things is a ease. By one dude they are bad A**

RC Racer
    Hey dude if you are going to buy a revo 3.3 the new model buy it From a shop in Pasadena Called Victory RC.I was calling all places and thy were all over 650.00 to 700.00. you might not believe I got it for 609.00 Good price . And nice friendly

RC Racer
    I would go used, they are selling for under 300 around here. I got mine for 175.the saved money can go towards rpm everything, sweet radio, better servos, upgraded motor... I don't know why people buy new anymore they are everywhere. You could build an awesome truck for half the price new

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

RC Racer
    What's the steering mod for tighter steering?

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by vwdaveb View Post
    What's the steering mod for tighter steering?
    I belive its under "pitpass" on this website. Steve slayden steering mods.