RC Enthusiast

Slipper clutch problems.

Hey all, I just got a revo 2.5 with a 3.3 in a trade and I'm having some trouble. The truck will go steady at about 1/4 throttle but if I give it more, it will not go any faster. I can also do wheelies very easily from a stop but I have tightened up the slipper clutch and still the same result. Am I missing something? Or is the slipper bad? Maybe the engine clutch? I've had experience w/ a nitro rustler before and had no problems but this has got me confused. If you have suggestions, please let me know.

RC Qualifier
    Well I would look at the slipper first, I just don't think it is the engine clutch. Try that and they do make kits to rebuild the slipper clutch.

RC Enthusiast
    The slipper is tightened down real good. Could it be the pin that is pushed in for the reverse not going in all the way?

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by TRX1994 View Post
    The slipper is tightened down real good. Could it be the pin that is pushed in for the reverse not going in all the way?
    Yeah if it was not fully engaged it would act like it was in neutral and not really move like what happening with yours, what I would do is actually look at the slipper clutch pads because if the are bad they won't grad very well even with it tight. If you have another slipper set up I would put that on and try it. I can't really think of what else it would be. If it was the clutch on the engine it would always try to engage and wouldn't stop trying to go forward when the truck is running or when using the ez start. I can't think of anything else that would be doing it. But if you do check the slipper clutch for wear you could also look at the engine when you take it out.
    Hope this helps!!
    John

RC Enthusiast
    I got the slipper rebuild kit(5352x), put it on and it's practically the same thing. It will move, and I can move around pretty quickly but if I give it more than 1/4 throttle, it doesn't move any faster.

RC Racer
    I'm wondering if it could be stuck in second gear?

RC Enthusiast
    It's not, I revved up the engine a couple times while driving and I could hear it shift. Does anyone know exactly what the center diff and forward only conversion eliminates? I think that may be my next step.

RC Enthusiast
    http://imgur.com/fvvU4ZB

Am I missing a gear in the upper right hand corner of the trans?

RC Racer
    Yes. It's suppose to have a shaft that is connected to the slipper clutch.

RC Enthusiast
    Ya I found it lol, I forgot that I took that out.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by 1_handed_bandit_green View Post
    I'm wondering if it could be stuck in second gear?
    If its shifting could there be something wrong with the carb or servo?? Like maybe when you hold the throttle the carb is hitting the ez start or wires?? Take the air filter off and hold the throttle see if it opens all the way.
    Last edited by johnzillia54; 04-21-2013 at 07:39 PM.

RC Qualifier
    have you checked the carb is onening to full throttle? remove the air filter check your carb is doing its job and is being opened 100%
    are your RPM's increaseing when you hit full throttle?
    is it screaming in 1st gear? maybe your secondary clutch but need a little more info..