RC poster

Lightbulb QR-1 Driving me nuts...

Hello,

I bought this sucker NIB for 60.00 bucks. Thought it was a good deal bc they are retailing 90.00-100.00. Anyway, the first night I pulled the engine out and broke the wire. Fixed that. Last night, I was finally getting the hang of flying it...That being my second night of owning. I've broke 3 props on minimal crashes. The same night, I was flying it and the motors were running extremely week on a fully charged battery. TX shows full batteries. Any ideas on why they thing is barely lifting off the ground? It's as if all engines are weak. Could it be the Charger isn't giving an accurate display? Showing the batteries are charged when they're not?

Any help is appreciated, thanks. This thing has the potential to be an awesome quad, but it's simply to fragile.

Jeff

RC Qualifier
    It's a very fragile quad. It does not like to be beaten up a lot or it will require lots of maintenance and frustration on your part. I am guessing that the quad's board is bad or the batteries are bad. Are the lights blinking on the bird when it is on? or do they stay fully on?
    Just can't get enough....

If even one motor is not producing full power, it will seem as if they are all weak. This is due to the stabilization system. The stabilization system has to cut the power to the stronger motors in order to keep the QR-1 level. If it did not cut the power to the stronger motors than the weak side would drop and the strong side would keep going up and cause it to flip or take off in an undesired direction. Place the QR-1 on a flat surface, turn on the transmitter then carefully plug in the battery making sure the QR-1 stays level. Once it binds, give it some throttle but not quite enough to lift off. Shut the throttle off completely and watch all four props closely. If one of them stops faster than all the rest, then that motor is probably binding. You can also do a test without even turning the QR-1 on. Simply thump each prop one at a time and watch how long it takes it to slow down and stop. It should continue to spin for a second or two if you give it a quick thump. If you have one that spins alot less time than the others or stops abruptly, you need to fix that motor. There is a video under the support section for the QR-1 on Traxxas.com called the “QR-1 motor armature adjustment video”. Here is a link: http://traxxas.com/support/QR-1-Moto...justment-Video
    Last edited by ksb51rl; 04-24-2013 at 10:33 PM.

RC poster
    Thanks for the responses. After some help from my LHS, we've tried all items mentioned. I'm sending the unit back to Traxxas for repairs.