Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    RC Racer

Anyone got the RPM bulks?

I know they only came out recently but I was just wondering if anyone had actually received them yet? If so post up some pictures!

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    I think they are not available yet.

RC Racer
    wont be available until the 25th of this month. but ill be getting a set for my emax when they come out
    modded 3906 e-maxx

RC Racer
    Gotcha! Well I can bet we will be seeing pics on the 26th

RC Champion
    I kind of wonder how they will perform. Because i cant see them working well with Aluminum chassis and shock towers, but maybe. Im sure they are fine with other RPM products, but most guys have great success with the Al bulks. Cant wait to hear opinions and reviews.
    Doublethink: 2+2=4 while 2+2=0

RC Racer
    Check RPM's website. They give release dates

RC Qualifier
    Wow I'm going to have to try these when I get the chance, at $16 there's really no way to go wrong. There's a big gap between buying $8 stock bulkheads and $50 quality aluminum ones, hope these do well.
    I like turtles.

RC Racer
    Just got mine yesterday. So far, they are a nightmare to install. File, dremel, test no it doesn't fit, uninstall, file and dremel some more. So far I have 1 rear one done, and have been working on them since last night. They are a bit like their direct fit a arms

RC Qualifier
    I was pondering getting a frt set, to create a weak point on my truck, that the previous owner did bumper to bumper Integy on, he wrecked it and the frt bulks have a slight twist. Kind of disappointing to hear they aren't direct bolt on.

RC Racer
    They are a bit of fiddling around. Got the rears done today. Am tackling the fronts tomorrow. I took a pic of bulk just screwed into the chassis, before I did any filing, to see the gap that needs the work that needs doing. I will upload them tomorrow when it's done, with pics of it completed too.

RC Qualifier
    That would be great thanks.

RC Enthusiast
    Just did mine last week. I did have to call RPM to go over some details and found I was one of the first to install and contact them about it. They did their R&D using only the T-Maxx chassis and never test fit onto any E-Maxx. Both front and read fasteners are too short that connect to the chassis. The rear as other have said needs to be dremel'ed a lot to fit. They know these issues now and even sent me new fasteners and are making changes to the rear to fit with out cutting. I'm a mechanical engineer and former R&D engineer in the performance and aftermarket automotive industry and design all kinds of consumer products. I cant believe they would not test these on all chassis before selling them, kinda whack. If you get them now just over lay the stock rears on the RPM and mark with a silver sharpie or paint marker and sand away till the ink is gone - perfect fit.

For the Front you need to trim the left side to clear the servo saver spring cup. see below.

Looks like a lot of R&D went into those bulks

Not Research and Development but, Requires Dremel…

That’s about as bad as it gets IMO.
    No slipper/tall gearing/power = broken parts.

RC Champion
    Ok, now thats one I havnt herd before. Nice.

So, did they say if theyre going to re-release them for the EMaxx?

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by PowerToTheMaxx View Post
    Ok, now thats one I havnt herd before. Nice.

So, did they say if theyre going to re-release them for the EMaxx?
    They said they just got in an Emaxx chassis that day I called for the second time (05/02/13) and would make a change. The new design will be ready in 2 weeks. They offered me new bulkheads if I want them later but only if mine break from the mod I had to do to get them to fit.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Styles_7 View Post
    They said they just got in an Emaxx chassis that day I called for the second time (05/02/13) and would make a change. The new design will be ready in 2 weeks. They offered me new bulkheads if I want them later but only if mine break from the mod I had to do to get them to fit.
    Haha, I'll wait awhile, until they get all the bugs worked out. They've only had five years to get er done lol.

RC Racer
    The new design will be ready in 2 weeks.
    Still good news! But man, that's insane... Why wouldnt you test every possibility? It would have taken them what 2 mins lol

RC Qualifier
    RPM are just like the British government. Its takes 12 years to do something and when it finally happens......it dont work.
    " TRX3922a doesnt snap " IT SHATTERS !!!

RC Racer
    I dremelled to get them to fit, but then the skid plates wouldn't line up. So I have just emailed them.

RC Qualifier
    Appreciate playing guinea pig for the rest of us. I had I feeling I needed to hold off on these bulks. I planned originally to order 4 sets to do all of my trucks. Man, talk about dodging a bullet. Let's see how the r/d team does with the revisions.
    The best thing about Groundhog Day??? Bill Murray.

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by mnewbolds View Post
    Appreciate playing guinea pig for the rest of us. I had I feeling I needed to hold off on these bulks. I planned originally to order 4 sets to do all of my trucks. Man, talk about dodging a bullet. Let's see how the r/d team does with the revisions.
    I'm new or re-new'd to RC. I just got this 3903 E-Maxx last month because 2 of my cousins were getting them and we wanted to get our kids trucks too so we can all go out. I got my son thats 6 a 1/16 Summit. I did a little research and already bought the RPM front arms and the Traxxas tool steel hinge pin kit the day after I got the truck as those lame cast hinge pin screws broke the first time out. I now have almost all the RPM parts and am putting the traxxas CVD's on today. I have already fried the two 550 motors and Traxxas has won me over for a while. When I called tech support yesterday to figure out why I could turn the wheels but not go they hooked me up with 2 new motors even though they aren't covered under the warranty. The last RC I had before this was almost 15 years ago so getting in now so I can have some fun with the kids and I like to wrench and build.

Anyway, I plan on doing a few more mods and maybe custom design some of my own stuff as I find design flaws or things that I think could be better for the type of bashing we do in the dunes.

RC Qualifier
    they hooked me up with 2 new motors even though they aren't covered under the warranty.
    And this is why I stick with Traxxas, customer service runs circles around the others...

RC Competitor
    Well that is a fail, market an item for the Emaxx and not even test fit it first? I still haven't installed my skids due to the lack of tranny coverage on the center skid.

RC Champion
    Ya, RPM usually has well fitting stuff. O well, every company is allotted at least one semi-major fail, I think.

How do the bulks seem so far, are they obviously stronger than stock or not really or can you just not tell? I just got UE Knucklehead Shock towers and I was intending to get FLM bulks, unless the RPM ones will fare better than stock when used with AL towers?

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by PowerToTheMaxx View Post
    Ya, RPM usually has well fitting stuff. O well, every company is allotted at least one semi-major fail, I think.

How do the bulks seem so far, are they obviously stronger than stock or not really or can you just not tell? I just got UE Knucklehead Shock towers and I was intending to get FLM bulks, unless the RPM ones will fare better than stock when used with AL towers?
    Because of their material I think they are pretty tough and will be good in the long run. I've only been out 2 times so far and they're good. My stocks that were 1 month old had cracks to give you an idea of the kind of stuff hitting when we go out.

RC Champion
    Ok, cool. May look into those cause i was a little worried about AL bulks with the stock chassis.

RC Qualifier
    I wonder if they will remove the extra material when these hit hobby shop shelves.

RC poster
    hmmm... If this holds up to a proper bashing, then this would in my eyes make the E-maxx nearly bulletproof. Wait, and see I guess.

RC poster
    Anymore updates on these?

RC Enthusiast
    I emailed them with these problems too and they said they are in redesigning them right now. No release date.

I brought just the front ones grinded one to fit.

RC Champion
    Its also very likely that the battery has no life left.
    Everything overpowered...

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by IBRNRBR View Post
    Anymore updates on these?
    I did not have them replace mine though they said they would. With my grinding they fit pretty good and I have been out a few times with them on now and they are great. Pretty good jumping sesh and even a couple bad crashes, all good so far. I like that they have some give in their material as I dont think aluminum would have been good for some of the crashes I've had. Might have bent instead of just going all day.

RC poster
    I'll wait for the revamped parts to be released I guess.

RC Champion
    It's the same issue on the 3906 chassis with the 3903 steering upgrade
    They might fit without cutting if your using the stock 3906 steering

Oh and the front needs 3x20mm bolts in stead of the 3x16mm for the chassis

All done
    with new bulkhead, bulkhead braces and front bumper
    Last edited by SnoopMaxx; 05-28-2013 at 04:11 AM.
    Morten SnoopMaxx
    3906 ROCKSTAR Makita
    c",)

RC Enthusiast
    RPM emailed today saying that the new redesigned bulkheads are done and now in stock

cool are they up on their site now? I dont have it bookmarked on my cpu yet only phone. post a link please.
    DEU 8:18 ESV

RC Champion
    Last edited by SnoopMaxx; 05-29-2013 at 10:07 AM. Reason: Fixed link
    Morten SnoopMaxx
    3906 ROCKSTAR Makita
    c",)

Thanks for the link not a bad price either worth a shot prices is to me like how stock price is. Alum bulks are pricey to these and some do hold up better but worth a shot when I break mine.
    DEU 8:18 ESV

RC Racer

Thumbs down Have the rpm bulckheads

And I have actualy broken one on the top of the bulckhead I will post pictures later
    Last edited by Sypsp; 06-05-2013 at 11:48 AM.

RC Racer

RPM Bulckheads

this is pictures of the rpm bulckhead