RC poster

Angry 5th generation IPod

I have e-mailed and called Traxxas to see if the new IPod would work if I used the 30 to 8 pin adapter. They said it would so, I went out and bought a new 5th generation IPod and adapter to use with my new Brushless E-Maxx Truck (3908L). But, it will not connect to either the controller or truck, it does plug into the docking base just fine. Anyone have any ideas?

William A

Did you purchase the Apple brand adaptor? I did a little research before I purchased the adaptor and found many instances were some generic brands of the adaptor do not work to allow data transfer between the I devise and whatever its connected to. In those instances most complained the adaptor would only allow the I devise to be charged and nothing else.
    I purchased the Apple adaptor and have no issues with it connecting the I devise to the TQI dock.
    No slipper/tall gearing/power = broken parts.

RC poster
    I did not get the Apple Brand Adapter. It does sync up with ITunes on my computer and charges. Before I buy the Apple Brand Adapter I will take my controller to the store with me to try it before I leave the store. Thanks

RC Champion
    Only the apple brand connectors work. They let you return it even if its used for 14 days however. Mine worked for the first week but then stopped although its not broken. Im going to have to take it back. Good luck.
    Land of the free?

RC poster
    I just picked up an Apple Brand Adapter and it works so far. If it stops working I will keep taking it back for an exchange. Thanks for the help on this thread.

RC Champion
    No problem. I just picked up an iphone 3g for $45 to use with mine instead so that is always an option.
    Land of the free?