RC Racer

Battery hold ideas?

My battery hold down allows my battery to fly out from time to time. I was think about attaching some plastic to the bottom of the battery tray with areas for velcro straps.
    Just wondering if anyone has done something other than the factory hold down?
    DJ

Rustler,Slash 4X4, 1/10 Rally

RC Racer
    I am having problems with that too and I am trying to figure something out.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by SH302 View Post
    I am having problems with that too and I am trying to figure something out.
    I have been using a velcro strap around the battery and the battery holder, this helps out some. But yesterday the screws just ripped right out of rear holder bracket. So, it is time for something different.
    DJ

RC Turnbuckle Jr. humayrayakongkinaon's Avatar
    i have a tall batt holder for my 4s now and its a snug fit. i crash it a few times at high speed and the lipo never ejected. you might wanna try putting a foam if theres a gap between the lipo and holder.
    | Rally GT8 Powered By CC | BackSl4sh Roadrunner |

RC Racer
    Problem is I have three different size batteries I put in there and one has no room for foam.
    DJ

RC Champion
    Are you turning the battery bar over? It will give a bit more of a snug fit. The best solution is the velcro strap mod. I've had this done on my slash 4x4 and have jumped down 80' sand pile's and done 30' drop's the battery has never come out.
    *Proud Husband of United state's Air Force wife.*

RC Champion
    I use two thick Velcro cable straps. I cut two slots in the inside wall of the battery tray. I feed the Velcro through there, then over and through the small middle sections of the nerf bars. The battery hasn't come out since.

RC Racer
    My batteries are tight, but that front mount just doesn't work well for me. The velcro straps I just received, so cutting slots is what I am gonna try.

Thanks.
    DJ

Quote Originally Posted by djbrun View Post
    Problem is I have three different size batteries I put in there and one has no room for foam.
    I guess this is your main problem. Would it be easier to order a standard (for your Rally) sized battery set and go at it from that route? You could order 1 more lipo to have a matched pair.

Velcro under the battery works very well but it's difficult to remove the battery for charging. If you use less velcro it won't hold, too much it won't come out. Make sure the surfaces are very clean before sticking.
    My Black & Blue Rally is faster than your color...