RC Racer

Just bought a summit

Well I finally joined the club looking for cheap good upgrades I can start with.. So far I am extremely happy with my purchase

Sent from the woods of New England

RC Qualifier
    There's really no need for upgrades per say, you could get yourself a good set of hex wrenches if you don't have those already, Also a good upgrade though not cheap is to replace the dual stock servos with a single servo like a hitech high torque servo. The summit stock is pretty tough, the only thing I have broken since I've had mine is a driveshaft which was my fault. You Could also get a few extra parts just in case, like a arms, driveshafts, and also might want to get some dry lube, like pb blaster dry lube to lube all parts. And make sure that all your screws are tight. Good luck and god bless. I'm sure others will chime in and give more advice this is JMO about what you should get. Now go have some fun!!!

Congrats on getting a Summit! So, where is the pictures for proof?
    Sl2sh Slayer Summit Sl4sh 1/18 Rally/Teton T-Maxx

RC Racer
    How could i forget?? Bought it used and it really was a great addition to my collection

This is the 1/10th scale Grave Digger

With the rest of my collection

RC Qualifier
    Welcome to the world of Summitville. Enjoy and ask lots of questions. I upgraded my rear shock springs to double purple (stiff), I lowered my body, put on some Trencher 40 series tires with tech 5 zero offset wheels and Im learning from the other forum members as to what to upgrade to when I finally break something.

RC Enthusiast
    BRICK57 how do you like the stiff purples? im debating on the black and purple. did you have to add a lot of preload?

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by kwlever View Post
    BRICK57 how do you like the stiff purples? im debating on the black and purple. did you have to add a lot of preload?
    I like the double purple. THe truck still sags but not as much. But it recovers very quickly. I have my preloads up about 3/4 of the way. It is really stiff. I just installed some upgraded alum shocks and have not tried them yet.