Thread: More Parts lol

Hybrid View

RC Enthusiast

Unhappy More Parts lol

so back on the 14th i bought a bunch of billet aluminum parts on ebay with an extra lot of parts paid $40 total haha. but the catch lol i havent seen my parts yet dont understand why people use economy shipping.. we now have something called first class priority mail
    Throwing rooster tails staying outta hay bails

RC Qualifier
    I know I just went through this. Guy was selling a bunch of Maxx parts, I swooped in, got them for a steal. Seller went that route and I finally got them almost two weeks later. In the meantime, two days after that, I bought some more parts, got them almost two days before, the original purchase of Maxx parts. I think I saw those parts on my daily Ebay sweep, nice lot of parts lol.

RC Qualifier
    On a positive note, I got some goodies in last night, Robinson Racing, RC Raven bling. new 20t CB and clutch. Yummy, goodies lol.

RC Champion
    Latitude:N 37 15' 47.0002" Longitude:W 115 47' 34.8713"
    Quote Originally Posted by Oldrcguy View Post
    On a positive note, I got some goodies in last night, Robinson Racing, RC Raven bling. new 20t CB and clutch. Yummy, goodies lol.
    im getting in goodies to today, only thing for my maxx is some new fuel tubing, getting 1/8th hobbywing 4168sl 2250kv motor, thunder ac680 charger, 6' of fuel line, and some esc 30mm fans.... cant wait for fedex to get here... good days for us...
    Traxxas is good, but so are other Manus

RC Qualifier
    Lol, no kidding always a good day. Just pulled my trans apart and replaced the primary gear, missing 3 teeth. Good thing there was no grease in there, they would have stuck in it and circulated up in the others, wiping them out also. You might appreciate this, I had that emaxx trans, took apart an old Craftsmen 19.2 volt cordless drill and slammed the motor on it. Hooked it to the car battery to test it lol. I call it the parts killer. Not in any big hurry to put it in lol.

RC Champion
    Latitude:N 37 15' 47.0002" Longitude:W 115 47' 34.8713"
    Quote Originally Posted by Oldrcguy View Post
    Lol, no kidding always a good day. Just pulled my trans apart and replaced the primary gear, missing 3 teeth. Good thing there was no grease in there, they would have stuck in it and circulated up in the others, wiping them out also. You might appreciate this, I had that emaxx trans, took apart an old Craftsmen 19.2 volt cordless drill and slammed the motor on it. Hooked it to the car battery to test it lol. I call it the parts killer. Not in any big hurry to put it in lol.
    yeah ive seen a lot of people do that, pretty neat...
    Traxxas is good, but so are other Manus

RC Enthusiast
    Kinda sounds fun you guys I'm jealous
    Throwing rooster tails staying outta hay bails

Quote Originally Posted by rewstertmaxx View Post
    so back on the 14th i bought a bunch of billet aluminum parts on ebay with an extra lot of parts paid $40 total haha. but the catch lol i havent seen my parts yet dont understand why people use economy shipping.. we now have something called first class priority mail
    It' because so many whiners on ebay want shipping either for free or as little as possible.

I also heard from people I trust that buyer's have thrown fits over shipping & shipping cost, then make false claims to ebay over it when the seller refuses to eat the shipping.
    It's why you now see "if you don't agree to the shipping charges don't bid" in the terms.

I would rather pay a little more & get my parts fast then have to wait on them.
    Look out for the tree/crunch!

LiPo? Naw NITRO!!

RC Qualifier
    Sometimes it's because the seller didn't get what they wanted for the item, so they cheap out on shipping. I caught a seller lieing awhile back. Bought and paid for the item on a Sunday, i always pay immediately. Got a tracking number Monday afternoon. Checked the tracking number Wednesday, still hadn't been checked in at post office. I turned around that day and emailed the seller, he promised it would go out Thursday. Friday, it finally went out. In a case like this, the best the seller can hope for on feedback, is a non response from me. I paid for faster shipping, probably more than I should have. He even withheld his feedback, waiting to see if I would bang him on mine. Kind of like a form of blackmail. I have heard Ebay bases fees on feedback?

RC Racer
    i usually use 1 of 3 places(if i can) on eBay..The main one i use is located 2 hours from me and are usually really Good.... I have been buying small orders from them for a while. Well Monday i decided i was taking the plunge on a $100 order. Well the company really screwed around on this order In past orders if i order say on a Monday I see it Tuesday or Wednesday at the latest. so i emailed them Wednesday when no shipping info was added said it was going out that day... Needless to say got it on Saturday Finally. I am not sure if i should bring it up to the seller again? Maybe just leave it alone? I honestly don't know what to do...
    IMO that is unacceptable 5 days to ship something to me when i live less than 2 hours away?

RC Qualifier
    I would just let it go. Any number of things may have caused this. I always try to order no later than Sunday. Seems if I order on late Monday, it never ships before Wednesday. Maybe I'm at the end of the line from them being slammed from weekend orders?

RC Racer
    I ordered it around 7 am Monday morning!! But i am hoping this was just a fluke. i will give them another shot

RC Qualifier
    Yeah but alot of companies take 24 hours or more to process an order. So that puts it up into Tuesday, then depending on how fast they package it, could be Wednesday before it's actually shipped.