RC poster

Steering/bellcrank problem

I am new to the Emaxx world and can't figure out my steering. My bellcrank that is the two piece one with the spring under it keeps opening up and doesn't let the steering function all the way. How do i resolve this? Steering works fine when its not on its wheels but once there is a load on it the bellcrank splits and opens.

RC Champion
    Get a stronger spring or maybe a shim to tighten it up.

RC poster
    Well I had bought the kit thinking something was broke but then noticed nothing was broken. I ended up hitting a block of cement today and busting the a-arm, axle, and bellcrank anyway. I guess I will put the new stuff in. These trucks sure do break easy. I havent even made it half way through a set of lipos yet due to something breaking every time I use it.

RC Qualifier
    Welcome to the sometimes fun, sometimes frustrating world of the EMBE. There are certain components I would consider upgrading or else you will constantly be experiencing repair issues. A-Arms & Shock Towers would be first things I look at changing out to RPM or the like.
    Always get a 2nd Opinion!

RC Qualifier
    Go to the hardware store with your bellcrank disassembled and in-hand, go to the small hardware section, and look for split-ring lock washers. Find one which has an inner diameter just about the right size of the plastic barrel and an exterior diameter not too large to obstruct reassembly.

Take it back home, and figure out a way to pry it open; sanding the plastic barrel slightly will help to fit the washer over. Reassembly can be difficult, but the result is you add about two or three millimeters of preload to the servo saver assembly, allowing for quicker response with stronger, more powerful servos.

RC poster
    Well on my first trip out I broke the rear shock tower and noticed all my shock shafts were bent(I did buy this used), second trip out I broke an axle and I had this steering problem, today my third trip out I broke lower a-arm, axle, bent shock shaft again and broke the bellcrank on the steering. I had two savage x nitro's before and never broke a thing, just got sick of tuning everytime. Anyway, the new bellcrank kit has a sliver spring and a black spring, anyone know which has more pressure or do I need both?

RC poster
    Forgot to mention that I already have just about every RPM part on the way in the mail already so I wasnt too disapointed about the a-arm. I have RPM bumper, rear true trac kit, front arms, shock braces, bulk supports, and 3 piece skid plates on the way. Hopefully that should help....

I'm running 250oz servo's on my T maxx's with no issues with the new type servo saver.

I did mess up the first time I put it together & left out the little top ring & that resulted in not enough spring pressure like it sounds like you have.

You can always use a 5mm I.D. shim on top of the top bearing to put extra pressure/preload on the spring.
    Look out for the tree/crunch!

LiPo? Naw NITRO!!