Thread: Knuckles!!!!

RC Competitor

Knuckles!!!!

Finally got my mini e revo working again. Bought a brand new receiver and my range is back

I still can't peg full throttle on the MERV, its just too quick!

did a couple rolls, heard a clicking. Noticed rear left tire looked out of wack

Stock knuckle was broken. So now I am in need of knuckles. I just need to find a good brand. I'm thinking of GPM Knuckles.

I'm trying to make this a bulletproof MERV, so I am looking for THEE best. This thing is simply not stable enough for me to hit full throttle and expect the truck to go uniformly. Even at 25MPH, a full throttle peg will result in a wheelie. If its not a wheelie, than I'm not getting grip as I can see the rear end fishtail looking for grip. And sometimes it fishtails so much that it gains side to side momentum leading the truck to eventually roll.

So help me out
    Last edited by imnew; 04-19-2013 at 02:42 PM.

RC Racer
    These trucks are very sloppy. Drives me crazy. I tried the GPM knuckles and I did like them but there was a good bit of play in the axle allowing it to move side to side. Needed a few shims. Also they have a squareish designed housing around the ball stud which is awkward and not the smoothest. Not sure if that made any sense, but anyways I bought the HR knuckles and I'm much happier with them. Better design, less play and nicer looking
    MERV - 3S 23/50

RC Qualifier
    I would go with the HR, everyone seems to like them. I will most likely do GH hubs but only because they are cheap at my LHS.

RC Competitor
    Is the consensus Hot Racing Knuckles? I'm assuming this since I got no other replies

RC Competitor
    The forum search isn't working or I would link you to a good thread. The good news is I bookmarked the topic. http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread...minum+knuckles

I went the GH knuckles because I didn't like the black and red (or green) of the HR knuckles.

RC Qualifier
    I just finished venting on my GH knuckles on the Summit forum
    http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread...nuckle-upgrade

#9 I think FWIW
    There are lots of ways to do that. Most are wrong.

RC Competitor
    It seems like every time I run 3S, I break stuff. I cartwheeled about 6-7 times across the parking lot and it broke 2 a-arms and popped out THREE ball retainers off the stock knuckles. I bought a package of stock balls/retainers for back ups until I buy new knuckles soon. Traxxas also makes optional screw in aluminum retainers but I don't know if they work with the stock plastic knuckles or if they are for the 1/10 Revo. Either way though, I'm going with the HR knuckles soon.
    Last edited by ImageX; 04-20-2013 at 10:26 AM.

RC Qualifier
    See link above for the screwed in (and up) retainers also...
    If I was buying knuckles today, I'd give the HR ones a try. Probably have to use some loctite on the retainers (I doubt the goofy O-ring would work very well) but that's no bigggie

RC Competitor
    I have been extremely careful with my mini revo. I usually just do speed runs, and usually as soon as I see that I am loosing grip during these runs, I back off the throttle.

with a 2S 2200 lipo, I probably roll around 2-3 times max by the time batteries dead

I will never jump my revo. I don't know why, but I feel that the truck is going to break. Even though I have aluminum GPM shocks front and rear, aluminum shock towers front and rear, aluminum rockers front and rear, and RPM arms all the way around, my revo will never see a jump higher than 1 foot.

Mostly back and forth speed runs, and occasional offroading. But almost never jumping.

RC Qualifier
    waste of money if you aren't jumping, 90% of the fun. Not saying you have to do stupid 10 foot jumps but back in 87 we were doing 2-3 foot jumps just on the normal off road dirt track.

RC Qualifier
    Yea, I think you must be missing out.
    Have FUN! Fixing broken kits is a huge part of the hobby, just like 1:1 u gotta wrench!