RC Racer

Big Blocks vs stock Trans...

Ok im wanting to put in an Axial. 28. I worry about the stock plastic transmission gears. Who has big blocks and how does the trannay hold up ? I dont want to loosing the slipper so much as to not have good power to the tires just to keep the plastic gears happy. What would be the point of all that nice Axial TQ ? Your thoughts and real life stories...

Thanks.

RC Champion
    We had 6 Revos with picco .26 and a .28 red dot motors and no issues with the transmissions.
    All but 1 were forward only, and the one with reverse hasn't had any transmission issues.

3 of them have been converted to brushless and the gears have been fine, just the shaft that holds 1st and 2nd gear has broken twice on one of them.
    ERBE, ERBE, Summit, Slash 4X4, Bandit,

RC Racer
    OK thats the stuff I wanted to hear from people who did it....

RC Champion
    Ya, each truck has had at least 1.5 gallons of fuel through them, all were geared mainly with 16/40.
    These were my 3 Revos, Picco .26 on the Platinum bodied trucks and a TRX 3.3 in the one with the Slayer body on it (this one was built using stock and spare parts and eventually became my first E-Revo),

My brother had the .26 and .28, then ran an HPI 5.9 in the .28 car since that version of the .28 was bump start only and he didn't want to mess with the bumpstart anymore. both of these are now Brushless
    My sisters boyfriend has 2 picco .26 and one of them is now Brushless, he wants to keep one nitro.
    I am personally done with nitro, I like the ease and power of electric, but I do sometimes miss the sound of nitro power cars.

RC Racer
    Well I'm an Electric guy myself but got my hands on a Revo 3.3 and an Axial .28 motor from a HPI Savage, I want to put them together but was worryd about the all plastic Revo transmission... I seen the Savage had steel gears in its trans...

RC Champion
    The 5.9 is .36 and I think 3.4 or 3.7hp and my brothers revo handled it with no issues.
    I was test fitting it before I dropped the 3.3 in my revo.

RC Racer
    What mount did you use ? Looks like it will work better if I do move the trans forward some... I'd want to keep the 1/8th clutch... and not cut on the rear arm, did see GH has a nice offset rear upper arm set...

RC Champion
    The piccos used the ofna mount and a traxxas big block mount and the 5.9 used the new era big block mount.

RC Racer
    For the Axial .28 what is the best to use and liked ? Ive been reading and looking alot and dont see a deff one or the other.

RC Qualifier
    I had an OS.21 its not a big block but my transmission held up fine. I'm going for a picco .26 now soon, plan on using the ofna mount