RC poster

Summit sudden lurches and stop

Hey everyone,

Wondering if anyone else has this problem, but i've been getting some sudden lurches when the vehicle is running slow to medium speed, the rc would just stop all of a sudden and lurches forward. I would then try to give it additional throttle but it wouldn't go. i would have to let go of the throttle and than re-throttle for it to work again.

details:
    no flashing lights on the esc.
    when it lurches and stop, i can still hear the high pitch noise of the esc/motor.
    pinion and spur gear are not moving.
    I made sure the pinion and spur gear are not too tight, and all gears are free of particles.
    the motor mount is mounted tight, and that the slipper clutch isn't too loose.
    happens everywhere, pavement and grass/dirt

this rc is only a week old, and has happened a fair bit of time, no real issue other than minor annoyances, but it gets rather frustrating real quick when this happens.

unfortunately this cant be reproduced easily, its very random when it happens.

RC Qualifier
    wow, you described that really well. Mine does the exact same thing as have many others. You will likely have to call traxxas to replace the speed control. I'm lucky in that mine doesn't do it when your actually driving. Only when you let off throttle and try to get on it so its more annoying to me and my son then anything else. Not worth being without his truck while they change it.

RC Qualifier
    It is in the esc. If you call traxxas, they will probably have you send it in and replace it. Otherwise you can run it until it fails and replace it with something else. Mine has done the same thing for some time, long after it would have been covered to be replaced. I just continue to run it.
    Ha Ha we must have been typing at the same time.
    T-maxx 3.3
    Rusty 2.5r
    Summit VXL
    Nitro 4-tec

RC Racer
    I wonder when yours was made i got mine iin aug 12 and many have had the same problem
    before that such a shame it still happens. Send it in and get a new one u pay shipping. Sucks.

RC Qualifier
    Considering Traxxas has taken over every hobby store to the point you literally can't buy anything else at them, the least they could do is let you swap out the stuff right at the stores.

RC Racer
    What a concept