PM me if ya wanna bash at Greenwood Bashplex in Pittsburgh PA

Missing threads???

I am very active in the traxxas electric forums. For the last 6 mo or so, I have been noticing that I will see a thread that is 3 or 4 days old pop up, and even though I have been very active in that particular section, is has not been on my screen. I was thinking at first that I was missing them, but more and more thinking that "strange things are afoot at the Circle K, Ted"...

Yesterday, a member posted a link to one of his other threads, and because I knew that the topic he was describing had not been there, I went to the thread list and there was nothing there. I then went to that members profile page and the thread was not in his list of recently started threads...also he was a member with many posts so it could not be a new member waiting for a mod to aporove his 1st posts.

I went back to the link, clicked it, and it magically popped up in both the forum thread list, and on his profile list. It was 2 days old with multiple posts.

Whats going on???
    How many threads have I never seen???
    Anyone else experiencing the Traxxas Bermuda Triangle???
    Last edited by rag6; 04-18-2013 at 03:34 PM.
    Wanna bash at Greenwood Bashplex in Pittsburgh ???

more threads today...

I really like the forums, even though I don't agree with the Mods a lot of times when they close a thread, they are well moderated and very civil. But, ever sense they 'upgraded' the engine the threads run on they haven't been quite right. Weird stuff happens. I don't know if it happens to you, up when I log in it tells me that I have been a member for 43 years.
    Submarine Qualified, Chief Inducted, Navy Retired

Ya somethings weird, but this thread has nothing to do with the mods and the job they do or wether or not we agree.

Not such a big deal, I just wish I would be able to see all the threads at once, and now that I know for sure that they are invisible to me, but still there... I just wonder why? And will it ever be fixed???

Try clearing your cache and see if that makes a difference.
    "Fortunately son, I says fortunately I keep my feathers numbered for just such an emergency!"
    Foghorn Leghorn

I will do, thanks.

Ok, I cleared it, and instantly saw a few more threads in the pede 2wd forum.

There was a side effect... My traxxas forum page load times just went from 3 seconds to over 30 seconds...

Just wondering what clearing my cache did to get the threads to show, what it did to slow down my load times, and if you have any tips to help with the load times? Thanks for any tips to help 8)

Quote Originally Posted by rag6 View Post
    Ok, I cleared it, and instantly saw a few more threads in the pede 2wd forum.

There was a side effect... My traxxas forum page load times just went from 3 seconds to over 30 seconds...

Just wondering what clearing my cache did to get the threads to show, what it did to slow down my load times, and if you have any tips to help with the load times? Thanks for any tips to help 8)
    Cache is basically copies of certain parts of the web pages that you visit on a regular basis, as you revisit the site many images do not have to be loaded cause they are sitting in a temporary area on your computer and so they don't have to be re-downloaded,,, saving time... Also some programming items can be cached, if they are changed then I can see why you were having an issue and the cache being cleared fixed it. But since you cleared the cache, a lot of images and things that did not need to be downloaded now do,,, this is temporary as you rebuild your cache things will get faster...

NN
    Founder of H.U.A.
    Hop Ups Anonymous

Ok, so as I build up the saved "new" save programming items, the speed will increase, and the original problem should go away?

Just trying to understand, and thanks for the explanation.

Quote Originally Posted by rag6 View Post
    Ok, so as I build up the saved "new" save programming items, the speed will increase, and the original problem should go away?

Just trying to understand, and thanks for the explanation.
    You go to a website repeatedly, it has the same pictures and menus, instead of having to re-load them all the time they are temporarily stored, as well as some programming insctructions called scripts, and then there are cookies (not chocolate chip though).. Now if a script has been stored (or a cookie that triggers a script) and there has been some programming changes on the site, then clearing the cache would fix the issues that are caused by this...

Hope this help clarifies things...
    Founder of H.U.A.
    Hop Ups Anonymous