Thread: Cabin fever

Cabin fever

I've never had an issue with it before. This winter is dragging on and on. Canadians continuing to blow their cold air south and it's clashing with the warm moist air coming up from the south. Result? Around 2" of snow already in my yard and still snowing heavily. Listening to my police/fire radio a lot of accidents to start, but now people realize the roads are a bit slick. My proof: click a black dot for a traffic camera.
    All I want to do is get outside, do a bit of landscaping and run my Revo for the first time this year. Too much to ask for? Though I guess it makes up for the dry year we had last year and I really hope it helps out with the drought.
    The Super Derecho

PM me if ya wanna bash at Greenwood Bashplex!
    Its 86f and humid in Pittsburgh. Yuck already. I already miss the winter lol...

Sat it will be 50 and sunny, and we have a big bash planned, so I will get over it...

Hope you get a break from your current confinement double g.
    Wanna bash at Greenwood Bashplex in Pittsburgh ???

RC Champion
    its raining here. been raining off/on the last 7 days. looks like snow flurries tonight with rain all day tomorrow. then rain chances for the next 5-6 days. even a chance of snow on Wednesday. i live in lower Wisconsin by the way. im ready for a nice day, but i dont see it happening to soon.
    I'm not krazy. My mother had me tested.

RC Qualifier
    Even the hardiest of us Minnesotans are getting sick of it.

The two things that get me thought the winter is my snowmobile and a rc snow track in my backyard.
    Slash 2wd
    Slash 4x4 MT
    P4de Trail

RC Champion
    Last year at this time I had my boat in the water and was getting ready to plant the vegetable garden, now I'm sitting here procrastinating because I don't want to go out and shovel. At least they're predicting mid 50's by Sunday.
    Revo.27TX/Jato.18/Maxx523/Maxx3.3/GMAXX/Rusty/ERBE

We had 2 weeks of freezing cold 40s and 50s this year.... WE had a record cold winter here. Had to turn the air conditioner off for 4 whole weeks.....

But then we get the reverse,,, SPend 5 minutes in 90 degree weather and 80% humidity all the time and you will retreat to the indoors to cool off....

Look, A Florida Snowman!!!!

Founder of H.U.A.
    Hop Ups Anonymous

PM me if ya wanna bash at Greenwood Bashplex!
    wheres the carrot?
    Wanna bash at Greenwood Bashplex in Pittsburgh ???

RC Turnbuckle Jr. pavmentsurfer's Avatar
    ITs been raining here for nearly 5 days. The river in town has risen over its banks and much of town is starting to flood. I wish it would stop so I coudl take the ERBE and my 2 new pistols out for some fun (in unrelated instances of course)... but so far, no go. I do think I saw Noah on main street though. He was carrying a bunch of lumber... not a good sign.
    Pede, Summit,
    ERBE, Rally,
    Motley Crew, 1SQ

RC Champion
    Sorry but rain and 2 inches of snow is nothing. Look at my yard. We just got about another foot of snow last night

"I like rc cars"....."WHAT? YOU'RE KIDDING!"

Forget that mess,,,it is 82 sunny with a little breeze and just down right beautiful here today.
    BlindMan Racing
    Rusty - MERV - Pede 4x4-Alias
    SPC Lipo Power

RC Turnbuckle Jr. pavmentsurfer's Avatar
    Dadx2mj, your not making any friends right now. Hehe... Can I come and visit?

Our county declared a state of emergency this afternoon. Since my last post the water continued to rise washing out many roads and leaving thousands homeless. The whole town is flooded. Luckily I live on a hill. But I was thinking about running my RC boat up Main Street just to say I'd done it.
    Pede, Summit,
    ERBE, Rally,
    Motley Crew, 1SQ

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitronaught View Post
    We had 2 weeks of freezing cold 40s and 50s this year.... WE had a record cold winter here. Had to turn the air conditioner off for 4 whole weeks.....

But then we get the reverse,,, SPend 5 minutes in 90 degree weather and 80% humidity all the time and you will retreat to the indoors to cool off....
    Freezing weather of 40-50? Lol gotta love Florida. Try here with -45-50 •c weather. Will freeze your lungs instantly haha

Quote Originally Posted by Kyleb View Post
    Freezing weather of 40-50? Lol gotta love Florida. Try here with -45-50 •c weather. Will freeze your lungs instantly haha
    -45-50 •c weather not me, that's why I live in mostly sunny Florida, that & there's not a single drop of Eskimo blood in me so at those temps I would turn into a frozen human pop~sickle!
    Look out for the tree/crunch!

LiPo? Naw NITRO!!

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by pavmentsurfer View Post
    Dadx2mj, your not making any friends right now. Hehe... Can I come and visit?

Our county declared a state of emergency this afternoon. Since my last post the water continued to rise washing out many roads and leaving thousands homeless. The whole town is flooded. Luckily I live on a hill. But I was thinking about running my RC boat up Main Street just to say I'd done it.
    You should totally do that and get a vid
    "I like rc cars"....."WHAT? YOU'RE KIDDING!"

RC Champion
    60-70's this week in NJ.. the flowers are coming up and the trees are flowering. Winter "appears" to be over finally. Had enough of the bad weather this season. With Sandy in October and no power for over a week, Very cold and somewhat snowy winter, I will take the spring any day. I run in the snow, but honestly prefer the dry warm weather... Not Hot!!!
    Maxx3.3/ rusty5700/ slash3800/ slash5700 /4tec3.3

RC Champion
    I dont care what the weather is. Im about to go get something dirty, wet, soggy, or broke to pieces, lol
    Last edited by ajcar; 04-20-2013 at 01:54 PM.
    I'm not krazy. My mother had me tested.

RC Champion
    Revo.27TX/Jato.18/Maxx523/Maxx3.3/GMAXX/Rusty/ERBE

RC Qualifier
    Its all good, I just text Mother Nature, and kindly asked her to move the snow 50 miles to the north
    Slash 2wd
    Slash 4x4 MT
    P4de Trail

RC Champion
    you live in Minnesota huh? Its been ridiculous here. I'm about ready to move south...
    ERBE
    Savage Flux XL
    Trail finder 2

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr8cture View Post
    you live in Minnesota huh? Its been ridiculous here. I'm about ready to move south...
    Yes, I live in South Washington Co. This spring has most everyone to say the least.
    Slash 2wd
    Slash 4x4 MT
    P4de Trail

RC Qualifier

Some Heavy Snow, Only about 5''
    Last edited by Shaky17; 04-23-2013 at 07:41 AM.
    Slash 2wd
    Slash 4x4 MT
    P4de Trail

RC Racer
    We just got another 5" last night and yesterday. But i have seen it snow every month of the year here in wyo!
    Who needs brakes!!!!

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by oakvad View Post
    We just got another 5" last night and yesterday. But i have seen it snow every month of the year here in wyo!
    That's crazy!

My tree is springing back to life, its up 12' now. I thought it was a goner.
    Slash 2wd
    Slash 4x4 MT
    P4de Trail

I had to dodge some of the bombs from the trees. Snow falling in chunks and smashing everything in sight! The up side of all this is that the pond behind my house has very few bare spots and I now know that my sump pump works (scares the kids though when it turns on at night--had to have a conversation with one of them about it--that it is not a monster ). I'm at work so I'll try to get some photos uploaded tonight.
    The Super Derecho

RC Qualifier
    It did sound like hail when ever the wind would pick up.

I have two girls, so I understand the talks in the middle of the night, about a certain sound that scare them

At least the frost is out of the ground, so we can get some moister back in the dirt.
    Slash 2wd
    Slash 4x4 MT
    P4de Trail

RC Qualifier
    Everybody is making me love Alabama more and more. Not to hot, not to cold, not to wet, not to dry. Just have to dodge the occasional tornado.

RC Qualifier
    Can you sing Sweet Home Alabama, good tune
    Slash 2wd
    Slash 4x4 MT
    P4de Trail

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Dadx2mj View Post
    Forget that mess,,,it is 82 sunny with a little breeze and just down right beautiful here today.

That is the one thing I hate about socal. 82 is too darn hot!! Four days ago it was up to 91 here. unbearable for a new hampshire native!
    Slash 4x4 LCG, Rusty VXL(not runnin), and my bike.

Views from my back yard this morning at sunrise:

The Super Derecho

RC Qualifier
    Double G, looks like you have a nice area of land, and a mosquito farm, a good hot campfire takes care of that.

The two houses I grew up in had ponds I the backyard, lots of good times. As in my day the only time you spent in the house, was to eat or sleep.
    Slash 2wd
    Slash 4x4 MT
    P4de Trail

RC Racer
    That's a nice place you got there double g.
    Well welcome to springtime in the rockies, the last 2. Weeks we've gotten over 20" of snow and the next 7 days are gonna be in the upper 50's and 60's. All our snow is almost gone! Time to go out and play!
    Who needs brakes!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Shaky17 View Post
    Double G, looks like you have a nice area of land, and a mosquito farm, a good hot campfire takes care of that.

The two houses I grew up in had ponds I the backyard, lots of good times. As in my day the only time you spent in the house, was to eat or sleep.
    Quote Originally Posted by oakvad View Post
    That's a nice place you got there double g.
    Thanks. The house was a foreclosure so it is taking a lot of work to bring back its beauty. Given the rate I'm going now (time and money being the driving forces) it'll take a few years until I'm satisfied and done.
    The Super Derecho

Texas, Chemical Plant along the Gulf Coast
    Gotta love T-E-X-A-S... LOL

This year has been abnormal we just got anothe cool front. Its in the 60's today and 50's tonight. Then back to the 80's starting tomorrow.
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by DiggerPede View Post
    Gotta love T-E-X-A-S... LOL

This year has been abnormal we just got anothe cool front. Its in the 60's today and 50's tonight. Then back to the 80's starting tomorrow.
    Lol! Cold front? 50s and 60s?!
    We are going into a heat wave this weeked with those same temps, beginning of this week was in the teens for a high. I'm not complaing though cause I can't stand anything over about 75 anymore, I do love our climate here.
    Who needs brakes!!!!

RC Champion
    Yikes, we just broke a record for the coldest winter since 1938!

And to ad insult to injury we got over six and a half feet of snow. Like my '89 Caravan is sitting in snow up to the bottoms of the windows all the way around and my '68 Dart still has nothing but the roof showing. Two weeks ago they were both completely invisible,nothing but a massive pile of snow.

And yesterday was the first time that we actually cleared 50 degrees F. since early in October 2012.

I'm a little over five foot ten inches tall and when I tried to get to my Dart yesterday, I ended up standing in snow right up to my belt!!

Trust me,nobody hates snow more than I do right now
    Bullet/Bullet2 / Hawk2/ Blue Eagle/E-Maxx/T-Maxx

RC Racer
    Another winter storm on the way, everyone is crying about it.
    So am I weird cause I'm a little excited! They are calling for 6 to 10 inches with 30-40 mph winds, that should make things ineresting.
    By the way....its been in the 60's and 70's the last week.
    Who needs brakes!!!!