Thread: bettery chager

RC Competitor

bettery chager

Thunder AC6 Smart 5-in-1 Balance Charger/Discharger w/ AC Adapter for 1-6 Cell Lipo/Lilo/LiFePo4 + 1-15 Cell Nimh/nicd dose any one have this?? if so is it any good???????????

RC Qualifier
    I have it and it seems to be working very well. Easy to understand and quick charging. I have only had it a week though.
    xl-5 Stampede
    ERBE Tekin 6s
    ERBE MMM 4/6s

RC Qualifier
    I have one and its great!!! No problem so far! Very easy to work with.
    However, I'm still trying to work the Charger Monitor Software that came with in the box. My computer seem to be stubborn!!! My Window Vista Ultimate O.S. doesn't like that software for some reasons. Need to be run in Window 98 or ME, and even I did tried to change the compatibility mode.
    E-MaxxBL~FLM-Rustler~Mini-Revo~VXL Stampede~Baja5B

RC Competitor
    dose it work anything like the ice by dura??????

RC Champion
    +1 on the thunder ac6.
    is there an 'AA' for RC addicts?

RC poster
    will this charge both of the summits stock lipos in parrelell?

Quote Originally Posted by Skyelar View Post
    will this charge both of the summits stock lipos in parrelell?
    Why you'd want to use this $50 battery cooker for anything is unknown. If you want to wait hours for your two packs to charge and then possibly have them under- or over-charge due to shoddy calibration, then by all means go for it.
    Alt-248 on the number pad =

RC Turnbuckle Jr. humayrayakongkinaon's Avatar
    mine just died, used it for maybe a year and now, never experienced any problem charging wise but, I wish it stay alive a little longer lol. now I replaced it with Dynamite ultra force, its not here yet still waiting to come in the mail.
    | Rally GT8 Powered By CC | 360mm XO-1 GT |

RC Turnbuckle Jr. pavmentsurfer's Avatar
    Be wary of charger recommendations from people who have only owned one or two lipo chargers. How can you say a charger is good or not if you've only owned one. If the only car you've ever driven was a Chevy aveo it would seem like an awesome car.

A member like KSB (or myself) has owned a pile of chargers from very cheap ones to very expensive ones. We know the difference. The thunder AC6 is not overly powerful and is responsible for more lipo damage than any other single charger I can think of. Is it cheap, yup. Is it worth it? Nope. Save up a few more $$'s and get something a little more respected with a little better reputation. A duratrax onyx 235 would be a cheap alternative. Or dynamites new passport ultralight. They have the same specs as the thunder AC6 but have a way better reputation.
    Pede, Summit,
    ERBE, Rally,
    Motley Crew, 1SQ

RC poster
    what would be a good charger for the summitis two batteries?

RC Turnbuckle Jr. pavmentsurfer's Avatar
    Are you charging lipos or NIMH? If your charging lipos you need to accept that you either have to wait for 2 batteries to be charged on a cheaper and lower powered charger, or youll need to spend more $$ on a more expensive and more powerful charger.

My personal favourite for a good quality and decently powerful charger is the thunderpower TP610C AC/DC. Its about $115 and charges at up to 10 amps. Great quality (NOT the same brand as the THUNDER AC6... different company). There are others... but always be wary of high charge amps BUT low wattage. They must work together.
    Pede, Summit,
    ERBE, Rally,
    Motley Crew, 1SQ

My personal favourite for a good quality and decently powerful charger is the thunderpower TP610C AC/DC.
    My son has that charger and I have the DC only version, they have been a good charger for the price and very reliable.

Personally I dont like "dual" chargers, they are expensive and if it dies you are dead in the water. I would prefer to have two single chargers for charging dual batteries. That way if one does fail you are not totally dead in the water. You can usually buy to single chargers for what a decent dual channel charger costs.
    BlindMan Racing
    Rusty - MERV - Pede 4x4-Alias
    SPC Lipo Power