RC Racer

Steering wont center

My steering wont center, I thought it was the servo so i replaced it with a 2075 and it still wont center, meaning when its driving if i turn right or left the car wont straighten out and continues turning, i have no idea what the problem could be. The steering trim is set fine the car will go straight if i don't turn.

Remove the linkage from the servo and see if there is anything binding in the linkages. also check and see if your servo saver spring has gotten weak.
    Founder of H.U.A.
    Hop Ups Anonymous

RC Racer
    Solved the problem, it was the servo saver. I have a bigger problem now, my battery pack wires got sucked into the front belt and cut both wires on a top speed run, needless to say it went out of control and wrecked the new 2075 steering servo and cracked an a arm. It also was stuck at wide open throttle until i could get to it and i had to use a rag to shut it off. I check the glow plug and it appears to be in perfect shape so i don't think the 3.3 could of gotten to hot to damage the motor right?

RC Champion
    Its not the heat that will hurt the motor when its stuck WOT, its the RPM's.. You won't really know what the effect is until you try and run it again. Usually the connecting rod will get stretched a bit and cause problems soon after its started again.Not saying this will happen but thats what you should look for. Take it easy the next run and listen to the motor. It will let you know if something doesn't sound right. You now also know why I don't have my battery in the stock location. That has to be the worst place to put a battery and wires. Mine is mounted into the foam bumper and the wires are coiled and zip tied to the chassis. Its not going anywhere, you gain forward traction, and the wires cannot get into a belt.
    Maxx3.3/ rusty5700/ slash3800/ slash5700 /4tec3.3

RC Racer
    Can you post a pic of your car, just so i have a better idea of the setup on your 4 tec.